pt.1

NOTES:
-This is the 6th story in my
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series.Following :
SCROLL I: THE NEW ORDER   
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL II: THE GREAT CAMPAIGN WITHIN THE DOMAIN
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL III: MUTINY IN THE MONARCHY
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL IV: A FRUITFUL STATE OF SKEPTICISM
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL V: BLOODLINES

So it's highly suggested you read those in order before this one if you haven't already. As this is a direct sequel and knowing the events and/or characters introduced in the previous stories are important for understanding the plot of this story.
________________________________________________________________________

"(ABOMINABLE= causing intense displeasure, disgust, or resentment
ASCENSION= the act or an instance of rising or climbing up)
________________________________________________________________________

INTRO QUOTE:
"Brave women are not born from comfort zones. They are made in the fire"

Motionless was the body which layed alone. An illumination of light from the midday sun peeked in through the half drawn curtain as it bellowed slightly from a gentle breeze coming in from the world outside. A world that seemed so close and yet far as a single wrong move caused a loud painful groan to break the silence which had previously filled the room. Upon hearing the sound footsteps quickly followed before coming to a stop in the doorway.

XENA
Gabrielle?

Xena paused for a moment as she saw Gabrielle with a pained expression on her face.gripping the post at the foot of their bed for support as she stood there.

XENA
What are you doing out of bed? You know if you need anything you're supposed to call me.

Xena walked over and gently guided Gabrielle back into bed as Gabrielle winced.

GABRIELLE
I'm just so sick of having to spend basically all of my time laying in bed. I thought I could at least move around the room or something.
(Disappointed tone) But I guess not.

XENA
I know. But you're just not healed enough yet.

Xena placed a couple pillows behind Gabrielle so she could sit up more comfortably.

GABRIELLE
I feel so helpless like this. You pretty much have to do everything for me Xena. Plus you've got Aurora to take care of by yourself now too. And it's just not fair to you.

Xena sighed as she sat on the edge of the bed next to Gabrielle.

XENA
I've already told you that I'm fine. Taking care of a baby and you isn't a big deal. You're main focus should be on getting as much rest as you can while you heal. It's only been a few days since we've been home. I know you're strong but you almost died Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE
(Sarcasm) Thanks for reminding me I almost forgot.

Xena smirked.

XENA
(Joking) Damn I didn't think you were suffering from memory loss. That's not good. You must've gotten struck in the head pretty hard.

GABRIELLE
(Annoyed/ Sarcasm) Sure make your jokes while I lay here. If I wasn't comfortable right now I'd throw this pillow at you.