pt.12

Naomi, Amalia, Aria and Iris stood baffled by Mia's sudden outburst against Xena who was trying to save the injured Willow.

NAOMI
(Stern tone) What do you think you're doing Mia? How could you dare raise your weapon to our queen?

Mia scoffed.

MIA
(Angry tone) So she says.

IRIS
It's true Xena IS queen. Gabrielle gave Xena her right of caste.

MIA
(Angry tone) While I don't particularly believe that story, even if it is true I don't care. To willingly give up her queenhood to her Gabrielle must not have been in her right mind, been fooled like all of you or she's just plain stupid.

While Xena wasn't typically bothered by people saying whatever they wanted about her, she never did like people saying things about Gabrielle that weren't true. Even more so now given everything.

XENA
(Angry tone) You had better watch what you say about her.

MIA
(Angry tone) Or what Xena? Are you gonna let your true colors show? That's right, it took me a bit to remember but from the moment I saw you, you seemed so familiar. I knew that I had seen you somewhere before.

IRIS
Xena you two know each other?

Xena searched her memory for a moment but nothing came to mind.

XENA
No not that I recall.

MAI
(Angry tone) I'm not surprised you don't remember me. But then again why would you? After all I'm you've lost track of just how many of my people you're responsible for the deaths of. Isn't that right "queen"? Or would you prefer to be called by one of your other titles? But which one? Conquerer? Or Destroyer Of Nations? Or instead how about just plain murderer?

Hearing her former titles of the Conquerer and Destroyer were spoken by Mia Xena's memory was sparked of that of a time long past. She remembered her evil conquest against the Amazon's. All the horrific things she did in the name of obtaining power. Her dealings with the evil sorceress Alti. The blood of so many Amazon's that would never be cleaned from her hands. The others saw the expression on Xena's face change from anger and confusion to sadness as she heard Mia speak.

IRIS
I don't know what you're talking about, but you must have Xena continued with someone else. I've known Xena for a while now and I know that she's a good person.

MIA
Then like our true queen, you've obviously been fooled by her too. I don't know what she's after by doing this, but whatever it is I won't allow her to cause any more harm to our people. I guess there are two monsters here that we have to deal with but it's hard to tell which one is the bigger threat.

IRIS
Xena?

Willow gasped as everyone's attention returned to her. Including Xena who went back to trying to save her.

MIA
I said don't move.

XENA
We don't have time for this right now. If we don't act fast Willow will die.

MIA
(Angry Sarcasm) And I'm sure that she'll be safe in your hands.

Finally after accessing the situation for long enough Naomi decided to speak up.