pt.18

Xena found herself standing in an open field as she looked around at the beautiful scenery.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) Am I dead? Is this the Elysian Fields? It can't be. There's no way someone like me would end up there. Besides I don't see anyone else here. Then I must've just lost consciousness and I'm dreaming. But something about this still feels strange. Why?

?
Xena?

Xena was even more convinced that she must've been dreaming when she heard an all to familiar voice behind her. But because of that Xena still couldn't resist turning around.

XENA
Gabrielle?

Even though it wasn't real Xena couldn't stop herself from smiling when she saw Gabrielle standing there. Xena watched as Gabrielle, who seemed completely fine walked over to her. Though Xena did notice that Gabrielle had a confused look on her face as she looked at her for a moment before giggling a bit to herself.

GABRIELLE
Oh I get it I must be dreaming.

Xena smirked.

XENA
I'm pretty sure that's my line.

Gabrielle's confused expression returned.

GABRIELLE
What's that supposed to mean? Unless...

Xena watched the Gabrielle in front of her seemed to become absorbed in her thoughts for a moment before frowning.

GABRIELLE
Oh no I must be dead.

XENA
Well if you are then the same would be true for me. And since we're the only ones here I don't think that's the case.

GABRIELLE
So I am dreaming. And nothing here is real.

XENA
I don't know about that, but the last time I checked I was pretty real.

Now Gabrielle was even more confused.

GABRIELLE
That can't be possible because I know that I'm real. Well as real as I can be in my own dream.

Hearing Gabrielle's words made Xena think.

XENA
Wait a minute. What if we're both real and both dreaming?

GABRIELLE
You think that we're both dreaming and somehow communicating in our unconscious states?

XENA
If we're not dead and we're both real it's the only thing that makes sense. Unless we actually are both dead after all.

Gabrielle sighed as she looked around figuring that the latter must've been the case. Then she looked at Xena.

GABRIELLE
Wait a minute why would you be dead? Oh no the Amazon's, Xena did you find out what was happening?

XENA
We did but...

Xena sighed as she explained what happened.

GABRIELLE
Oh god's. That's horrible.

XENA
I know.