pt.7

A knock on the door stirred Xena from her thoughts as she sat in the living room. She stood up and answered the door.

XENA
Oh hey Fauna. Come in.

Xena let Fauna inside as she shut the door behind her.

FAUNA
So how are you adjusting to being queen?

XENA
Fine I guess. I still don't get why Gabrielle chose me as her successor.

FAUNA
She trusts you Xena. All of us do.

XENA
That's not true. I've heard the whispers around the village about how Gabrielle could've chosen someone who wasn't even an Amazon to become queen.

FAUNA
Okay so maybe not "all". But now one in power ever has a hundred percent approval from their people. There's always going to be those naysayers who'll look for anything to complain about.

XENA
No kidding.

FAUNA
Whether they support you being queen or not, everyone here understands that you're going through alot right now. So even though you're queen now don't be afraid to reach out when you need help. You might be one of the strongest people we know but you're still only human Xena. Just give it time. It's only been a few weeks.

XENA
I know.

Fauna smiled.

FAUNA
Oh before I forget we received a letter for you.

XENA
For me?

FAUNA
Technically it's addressed to the Amazon queen and that would be you now.

Fauna reached into the small bag she had over her shoulder and handed Xena the letter.

XENA
Thanks.

After saying goodbye, Fauna left. Xena opened the letter and read it.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) You can't be serious. Damn it.

Xena stood up and walked to the front door, opening it as she looked outside. She spotted Amarice who just happened to be walking by.

XENA
You'll work.

AMARICE
Wha..!?

Before Amarice could really say anything Xena grabbed her by the arm and pulled her inside.

XENA
Keep an eye on Gabrielle and Aurora. I'll be back.

Without waiting for a response Xena left the house, leaving a confused and slightly Irritated Amarice standing in the doorway.

AMARICE
(Sarcastically talking to herself) Sure Xena, no problem. How considerate of you to ask if I'm busy or something beforehand.

She rolled her eyes as she turned to go sit down and wait for Xena to come back as she shut the door while Xena walked away. Xena walked through the village until she found Ephiny. Seeing Xena approach Ephiny stopped what she was doing.

EPHINY
Hey Xena what's going on?

XENA
Nothing good.