pt.19

Xena groaned, feeling the pain from the injuries she sustained during her fight against Echidna as she slowly sat up.

NAOMI
Hey are you okay?

XENA
I think so.

IRIS
Xena you might be seriously hurt. You probably shouldn't be moving around.

XENA
It's nothing life threatening. I'll be fine.

NAOMI
You are one tough woman.

Xena shrugged.

XENA
I've been through worse.

Xena looked around as she realized that Echidna was gone.

XENA
Damn Echidna's gone.

Xena stood as she looked at Iris and Naomi who seemed confused by the unfamiliar name.

XENA
You didn't see where she ran off to did you?

NAOMI
If you're talking about that monster, after we found her with you we fought it for a bit but then it ran off.

XENA
We have to go find her.

NAOMI
And do what? You're injured and we were lucky to even do anything to that thing. And... wait a minute how do you know that monsters name?

XENA
That's not important right now.

Xena stood slowly as she retrieved her sword and chakrum.

XENA
We have to find her before she finds the others.

NAOMI
While I agree with you, as you probably noticed we can't really do anything to that creature. So even if we do find it again I don't know what we're supposed to do.

XENA
I have an idea. Come on I'll explain on the way.

With that the trio left in search of Echidna once again as Xena explained what Gabrielle had told her.

NAOMI
So we're dealing with an immortal being. That explains why we couldn't do anything.

IRIS
But we did once we used Xena's weapons.

NAOMI
Oh that's right. Xena what in the world is that sword and round weapon of yours made of?

XENA
Nothing special that I'm aware of. Though Gabrielle did say that a powerful enough weapon or being could actually be enough to kill Echidna.

Iris gave Xena a confused look.

IRIS
Gabrielle told you? But Xena that doesn't make sense. Gabrielle's back at our village.

Xena explained that she had been able to communicate with Gabrielle while she was unconscious.

IRIS
Are you sure it wasn't just a dream?

XENA
Yes. I don't know how, but it was really her.

Xena felt a wave of sadness wash over her.