invisible string

"isn't it just so pretty to think, all along there was some invisible string tying you to me" -taylor swift, invisible string

in which you and chris get matching tattoos

chris can drive in this!
___

you throw some clothes in a backpack, along with some other basic necessities. you were getting ready to spend the night at chris' house after a 'surprise event' he had planned. he won't tell you anything about it, despite your constant begging.

you hear the horn honk from your driveway. you excitedly zip your backpack shut and leave through the front door.

you hop in the passenger side, smiling at your boyfriend in the drivers seat.

"hi gorgeous." chris says, kissing you quickly before reversing out of your driveway.

"hi. will you please tell me what we're doing today? it's stressing me out." you beg, but chris just laughs and shakes his head.

"nope. you'll see when we get there." chris says, turning up the music to drown out any further protests from you.

you sigh in defeat and start singing along to the music.

4 and a half songs later, chris starts slowing down. "cover your eyes, we're almost there and i want to surprise you."

you groan but do as he says anyways. you mentally kick yourself for not paying more attention to your surroundings and using context clues to figure out where you were going.

you feel the car come to a stop, and a small smile forms on your face.

"okay, you can uncover in 3..2..1!" chris counts down, watching your expression as you realize you're at a tattoo parlor.

"i know how much you've been wanting matching tattoos, so i asked nick for help and came up with two super cute ones. do you trust me enough to surprise you with the design too?" chris asks hopefully. he was right, you have been begging him to get matching tattoos for a couple months now. you wanted your first one to be meaningful, and what's more meaningful than matching tattoos with the person you're in love with?

you hesitate for a couple second. "you know i love and trust you with my entire life, but i kind of want to know what's about to be put on my body for the rest of my life." you laugh nervously.

"that makes sense. i was brainstorming with nick and he illustrated this idea for us. i said i wanted something taylor swift related and he drew us up this. it's two little hands with a gold string tied around the pointer finger. he said it was inspired by invisible string, that one taylor song i know you like." chris says, showing you a screenshot of the doodle nick created.

"you want to get matching taylor swift tattoos?" you say in shock, looking at the picture some more.

"i'd get matching dog shit tattoos with you if that's what you wanted." chris laughs. "so, do you like them? do you want to get them done?"

"of course! let's go!" you exclaim, jumping out of the car. you excitedly walk into the tattoo parlor with chris following close behind.

"appointment?" the lady at the front desk asks, popping a huge gum bubble after her sentence.

"yeah, for sturniolo?" he says before the lady rolls her eyes and starts typing on the computer.

"i'll take you right back here." another lady comes out of basically nowhere, smiling widely and guiding you and chris to two beds in the back.

"so, what are we wanting done today? matching tattoos?" the lady, kathy according to her name tag, asks.

"yeah, we want something like this?" chris asks, holding up the screenshot of the drawing.

"oh yes, that's very cute. where were you wanting it?" kathy asks you both.

you look at chris and he shrugs. "where is, like, the least painful spot? i kind of want it somewhere on my arm." you ask.

"i suggest right above your inner elbow. its a good spot so if you want more you still have room, and it's only about a 2 out of 10 on the pain scale." kathy says. you look at chris and he smiles at you.

"if that's where you want it, that's fine with me."

"perfect, i'll get everything set up." kathy claps her hands together.

-
after you got the tattoos done, you paid and tipped kathy before heading back out to chris' car.

"okay, are you ready for the reveal?" you ask, sitting up straighter.

"you know it." chris smiles, sitting up too.

you both count down from three and reveal the tattoos. you gasp in awe, putting your arms next to eachother and admiring them.

"they're perfect." you say, your voice barely above a whisper.

"i'm glad you like them. i actually love them too, they're super minimalistic and cute." chris says, moving his arm away. you grab it and put it back where it was, snapping a quick picture of them before sitting back in your seat.

"thank you chris, this is the best surprise ever." you say, kissing him on the temple as he starts to pull out of the parking lot.

"you're very welcome, im glad you love them." he smiles.

you open instagram and start a new post.

y/n.y/l/n

y/l/n

y/n.y/l/n : one single thread of gold tied me to you @christophersturniolo

___
a/n- it's chrissy!!

i really want someone to get an invisible string tattoo with me

anyways i hope you enjoyed this one! this is one of the cutest lyric inspired chapters i've made, i love it so much

i hope you did too, i love you all!!

ALSO ALMOST 18 FUCKING THOUSAND READS? IM GOING TO SHIT MY PANTS

THANK YOU SO MUCH

xx
chrissy