lacy

"lacy, oh lacy, skin like puff pastry, aren't you the sweetest thing on this side of hell? ... my stomachs all in knots, you've got the one thing that i want." olivia rodrigo, lacy

in which you're jealous of chris' girlfriend
___

"look at her, all.. happy, and preppy." you spit, watching audrey and chris spin each other around in front of the ocean.

"i know babe, i'm sorry." nick says, putting his arm around you and rubbing your shoulder.

audrey was chris' girlfriend of just under a year. he met her through larrays birthday party, and they started dating shortly after. they soon became inseparable. so inseparable that, she made it on the annual trip to the beach you and the triplets would take. you were happy for him- well, as happy as you could be with the fact that you have been in love with him for three years. before audrey, you thought you had a chance. he always complimented you, talked to you about everything, and even flirted with you. you were his best friend and he was yours- you both were happy. then she came into play. you would be lying if you said you weren't completely envious of her. you wanted to have a reason to hate her, but you couldn't. audrey was the sweetest creature to ever step foot on this planet. no wonder chris chose her.

"i've just- why can't i get over him? it's been four years." you complain, ripping your eyes away from them. "she's so fucking sweet. i hate it. what does she have that i don't?"

"i know, i'm really sorry y/n." matt interjects, looking at you with sympathy in his eyes.

"no, i want an answer. like, is she prettier than me? funnier? skinnier? what is it about that girl that he wants?" you say frustratedly, rubbing your hands over your eyes.

"i don't know, hon. believe me, we both want you with chris." nick says, gesturing between him and matt. you open your mouth to say something, but audrey cuts you off.

"y/n! do you want me to take insta pictures for you? this lighting makes your eyes look so gorgeous! and you're so photogenic, it's a beautiful spot for pictures." she smiles.

god, your compliments feel like bullets on skin. you think, forcing a smile and taking your phone from your pocket. "sure, thank you."

chris joins his brothers while you and audrey go down to the shore. she gives you some poses to mimic, and you do so. she takes a couple pictures of you before handing the phone back to you. you give her a smile and you two walk back up the beach to meet the triplets. audrey immediately attaches herself to chris, and he plants a kiss in her hair. you glance over at matt and nick, and they both give you eyes full of sorrow. you drop your shoulders before speaking up.

"i'm gonna head back to the condo. i'm- uh, im not feeling that well. see you guys later." you say, walking on the path to get back to the house you guys had rented for the week before anyone could get a word out.

"wait- y/n!" chris calls out, telling audrey to stay put as he jogs after you. "what's up?"

"i told you, i'm just not feeling well." you say, playing with the ring on your middle finger and avoiding chris' eyes. he was the last person you wanted to talk to.

"y/n, come on. you're my best friend, i can read you like a book. what's the matter? you know you can talk to me." he says, watching audrey and his brothers toss a football back and forth on the sand.

"i don't want to."

"come on. you've never not told me anything. i promise, whatever you're feeling i'm sure i've felt before too-" he starts, but you cut him off by throwing your hands down by your sides.

"no you fucking haven't! you don't know what it's like to have been in love with your best friend for four goddamn years. you don't understand how much it hurts to get replaced by someone who i've known for one year. so i'm sorry, but it's true." you explode, ignoring the judging stares of old ladies nearby.

"wait, in love with me? for three years?" he asks. the only word that could explain the look on his face is this- flabbergasted.

"i'm sorry."

"why didn't you tell me this before? y/n, junior and senior year i had the biggest crush on you. i thought you knew!" he exclaims, making sure his brothers and audrey weren't around. they would never let him live this down if they figured it out.

"oh my god. well, it's a little too late now, isn't it? just- just go. im gonna get dinner started." you say, walking away from chris without a second thought.

you get inside the condo and shut the door, tears immediately filling your eyes the second you hear the latch shut. you go into your room (that, coincidentally, you had all to yourself) and shut that door too.

in your heartbroken and angry haze, you pull out your laptop and press on the google search bar.

one way plane ticket from florida to boston.

___

a/n- ITS CHRISSY

okay so if you guys want a part 2 i'll do it i just wanted this chapter out of my drafts

i hope you enjoyed

LACY GETS SHIT ON SO MUCH FOR WHAT THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVS ON GUTS

i love you all so much

xx
chrissy