haunted

"come on, come on, don't leave me like this. i thought i had you figured out." -taylor swift, haunted

in which chris leaves you at prom.

this is entirely based on the prom scene in the summer i turned pretty

chris can drive in this!

enjoy!
___
you and chris were the last two sitting at your table. it was prom night- the most anticipated night of senior year.

your table was full of your closest friends and their dates. you and chris, matt and elena, nick and wes, and your brother, nate, and his girlfriend, liv.

it was the fourth slow song of the night, and chris has put off dancing with you every time. whether he was 'hungry', or 'needed a bathroom break', or claiming he 'didn't hear it,' he found a way out. but this time, nate tapped chris on the shoulder before pulling liv onto the dance floor.

"are you going to ask my sister to dance at some point tonight or do i have to do it for you, man?" nate says before taking liv to the middle of the dance floor.

"oh yeah- right. do you want to?" chris asks, awkwardly standing up.

"yeah, yeah sure." you say, standing up and following him to the edge of the floor.

you two sway silently and awkwardly for a minute before you speak up. "i'm glad you're here."

he stays silent for a second before putting on a very fake smile. "me too." he goes back to zoning out over your shoulder.

you've noticed him doing that a lot. kind of just shutting down with no explanation.

"do you want to go somewhere so we can talk?" he says into your ear.

you look at him and think. this was the one night you were looking foward to, you didn't want to ruin that.

"no, let's just stay here for a little bit." you say, looking around at all the people surrounding you.

he pressed his lips together and nods, going quiet for a few more seconds.

"i think i might skip the after prom. if i stay i'll just ruin the night for you. i'll still drop you off, i promise." he says, and you furrow your brow at his words.

"i thought all of us were going to have a sleepover?" you say, making eye contact with elena from across the floor.

"can we please just go somewhere so we can talk?" chris whispers, his voice cracking. he pulls you off the floor and outside before you can protest any further.

nathan watches chris pull you out of the gymnasium, and makes eye contact with matt and nick.

chris pushes through the doors with you following right on his heels. you guys both notice the heavy rain first, standing under the roof in an uncomfortable silence.

chris is the first one to speak. "i'm sorry." he steps closer to you, but not daring to lay even a finger on you.

you stutter for a couple seconds, struggling to find the words. "listen, i know it's hard for you. with everything going on with your channel, with all the change, with all the arguments we've been having, but please, please don't shut me out." you say, looking him in the eyes.

he doesn't return the gesture. he looks everywhere but your eyes. "i just feel like i keep disappointing you."

"you haven't. and you aren't, and you won't." you shake your head.

"but i have! all i've done today is disappoint you, y/n. you don't deserve that." he says, his voice mumbled and breaking.

"then just stop acting like this and come back inside with me. we can have a fun night." you plead, your own voice cracking.

"i cant. i just cant." he mutters, walking out from under the dry area you two were stationed in and towards his car.

"you know what, fine! if you're not going to say it, then i will!" you say, following him out and into the rain. the rain is definitely ruining your hair and makeup, but that's the absolute last thing you're worrying about now.

"say what?" he asks, his tone thick with confusion.

"that we're over." you say, tears falling down your face. chris turns closer to you, looking at your eyes but not saying a word. "i mean, we are, aren't we? that's what this means, isn't it? you leaving me here means we're over."

"y/n.." chris says, his voice barely above a whisper. he holds out his hand to you, but you just take a step back.

"no! don't say my name like that. don't." you sob.

"come on y/n, don't leave it like this."

"you made it like this." you whisper, taking off the necklace he got you for your birthday. all 13 months that you've had it, you haven't taken it off once. you put it in his hand, crying and turning back to the doors to enter the school.

"no, come on. y/n, don't." chris cries, his voice breaking on every other word.

when you open the door, you find nate standing there. he immediately takes you in his arms, letting you sob into his shoulder.

you look back and see chris drive away, which just makes you cry harder. instead of prying, nate could kind of put the pieces together and figure out what was going on. he led you inside and sat on a bench inside the doors with you so you wouldn't get even more overwhelmed will all the people inside the gym.

"i know its for the better." you mumble, leaning onto nate's shoulder once more.
___
a/n- ITS CHRISSY

it's a crime that haunted didnt play during this scene, especially when conrad literally quoted a line from it.

anyways I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS ONE

i havent wrote a t swizzle one in a while

it's been like three days but anyways

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED

xx
chrissy