discography

"picture to burn", "fearless", "when emma falls in love", "i bet you think about me", "you are in love", "call it what you want", "paper rings", "cardigan", "coney island", "you're on your own, kid" -taylor swift, her discography

in which it's your birthday

tw// this chapter contains a lot of taylor swift! i feel the need to put a warning based on how some of you guys act 😭😭
___

you woke up suddenly due to a crash coming from the kitchen, followed by a string of profanities coming from the boys. your mind automatically thinking the worst, you shot up out of bed and ran up the stairs, skipping three at a time to get there faster. you're met with three pairs of eyes looking like deer in headlights staring back at you, with glass and chocolate cake broken along the kitchen floor.

"what the fuck is going on?" you ask with a groggy morning voice, rubbing sleep away from your eyes.

"what are you doing awake already?" matt asks, standing in front of the broken glass and destroyed cake on the ground, attempting to hide it from you.

"i heard you guys break something and curse like no tomorrow." you chuckle, pulling out a barstool and sitting on it. chris comes up behind you and hugs you from behind, pressing a soft kiss to your temple.

"i'm sorry we woke you up so early. happy birthday, beautiful."

you were awoken so abruptly, you'd forgotten completely that it was, in fact, your birthday. "oh yeah, thank you."

"'oh yeah'? did you forget?" nick laughs, cleaning up the mess on the kitchen floor.

"i did. i don't really, like, care about my birthday. i don't like huge parties or surprises, honestly." you sigh, leaning your head on your hand as you were still tired.

"well, we tried to make you a cake but that went downhill," nick scoffs, throwing away all the cake and glass. "i'm sorry we woke you up."

"it's fine, nothing like getting an early start." you say sarcastically, manually wrapping chris' arms around you and leaning your back against his chest. you sigh into the warm feeling, as you feel his chest shake as he laughs.

"if you're tired you can go back to bed, hon."

"i can't sleep once i'm woken up. it's fine." you pause for a second, watching matt look rapidly through the fridge. "what are you looking for?"

"we don't have shit to make a cake!"

you laugh and hold chris' arms tighter to you. "you guys don't have to make me a cake. i don't even really like cake that much."

"it's your birthday, y/n! at least let us make you cookies or something." nick says.

you yawn and shake your head. "i don't care. if you really want to, then you can."

a silence fills the kitchen and you break it with a sigh. "i'm bored."

"well, how about we celebrate your birthday! you're turning 20, that's a huge milestone!" nick exclaims.

you sigh. "i guess you're right."

chris rests his chin against the top of your head. "we have stuff planned for your day. today is all about you, baby."

you nod your head and lean back onto chris' chest. "well, if you already planned stuff then i guess i can't say no."

"that's my girl!" chris beams, kissing you on your temple. "uh, people are coming over around 1."

"who's coming over?"

"you'll see, princess. go back downstairs, we have to finish things up down here." chris says, unwrapping his arms from you.