ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ-ᴅᴇɴɪᴀʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ

Aphrodite was so lost in Tom's lustrous amber eyes, she didn't even remember why she had hated him in the first place. He made the effort and walked here in the middle of the night to be here for her. It did come off as somewhat of a surprise to her when she found herself preferring Tom here on the roof with her than Max.

"Thank you Tom" Her voice came out in a low whisper, her chest slowly rising and then descending with relaxed breaths.

He smiled softly as she sat up, mimicking his stance. Her elbow pressed into the pillow, causing her head to slant a bit lower than his.

"Really. I didn't expect out of everyone that you would be here, but I'm thankful you are"

He chuckled quietly as he looked down for a second before finding her eyes again.

"Of course Aphrodite. I know we are...well I wouldn't say friends or acquaintances per say, but I'm here whenever you need someone, even if it's to sit in silence or if you just need someone to listen"

His words touched her heart. She didn't doubt his words, sensing the actual consideration in his voice. Unlike any other times with Marshall or any person she had dated for that matter, when she'd feel a sting of doubt, a repulsiveness towards there so called meaningful words. But with Tom it was different.

Different

A word that had not been brought up between the two, their similarities clashing in the worst of ways. But now it lingered between the both of them, bringing them closer in a way they never would have expected.

Aphrodite shivered, as she sat up to climb under the comforter.

It suprised Tom a bit when she made herself comfortable under the blanket, but threw the rest of it over Tom, sending him a shy smile. She rested her elbow back on the pillow, then decided to lay her head down on the fluffy surface.

"Did you know Max is famous ?" Tom said, nodding his head slightly.

"Are you serious?" Aphrodite asked raising an eyebrow, pulling her arm from under the covers and placing it under her head.

"Yeah he kinda gave it a way when he dropped us off earlier. Bill out the pieces together and well, he was and I say still is a big shot singer in America"

Aphrodites jaw slightly gaped open as Tom explained to her further about Max's mother and his career. Her stomach turned and she didn't know why.

She thought it maybe was the fact he was somewhat dishonest with her, but she could understand on a level that he maybe did lie because he wanted to live a bit of a normal life instead of get caught up with the overwhelming side of fame.

She did feel a sense of betrayal, and questioned it seeing how they weren't together. It was a flawed trauma she dealt with, for obvious reasons.

"Huh. I'd say that makes sense. He probably just wants to feel normal, like actually return to the feeling of life before fame you know?" She had sat up once again, resting her head on her hand.

Tom nodded his head in agreement, seeing how she was correct and basically summed up what Max had told the boy band earlier.

He noticed this was the longest him and Aphrodite had actually talked, without any attempt of a personal attack or verbal violence. It was just a civil conversation. And it made both of them feel a small cloud of butterflies in their stomachs. Even if it wrenched Tom's gut at the same time that the topic they were conversing on was of someone he disliked, he didn't care as long as it was with Aphrodite.

He caught her sneaking another quick glimpse of his lips, before turning to look up at the sky. As she turned back to him, he looked to the sky. He turned back to her, his dreads now lying in front of his shoulder and collarbone.