ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ-ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ

When London was younger, he met a girl. It's how almost every teen boy love story goes. He's young, he's unexpected, he's stubborn. And then there's that one girl who comes into his life and changes everything, for worse or for better. One way or another, she changes your perspective and what it stands for.

The summer of freshman year, London found himself meeting a girl named Lila. She was in his eyes the most perfect, absolute vision and breathtaking being he swore he had ever seen. He had met her while wandering around town one day, in search of a new guitar. He laid eyes on her and immediately fell. Metaphorically and literally. He was so taken away by the beauty that stood behind the counter he didn't see what was in front of him and had run into a stand, tripping and stumbling down. Aphrodite was with him and she couldn't help but laugh. She covered her mouth as she used her free arm to help London up, who picked up the stand as he did. He brushed himself off and turned a bright red. Aphrodite curled her lips and motioned over to Lila standing behind the counter. She was staring at London, her green eyes almost piercing his. He cleared his throat and began to wonder around and Aphrodite being Aphrodite, wondered up to the counter.

"Your boyfriend is very clumsy"
Aphrodite cringed and gagged, which earned a look of relief from the Lila. Aphrodite hated when people thought her and her cousin were a couple. They looked alike, and it was almost moronic that people didn't see that.

"He's not my boyfriend. He's my cousin...sadly"

She glanced over at London who was now gracefully lost in trying out a bright red guitar, his hair moving around softly as he shook his head to the rhythmic riffs he was playing.

Lila smiled and nervously asked "well if your not..does he..you know?"

Aphrodites face brightened and then she smirked. She knew exactly what this girl was implying.

"No he doesn't"

London ended up getting Lila's number, thanks to Aphrodite. He thanked her the entire way home. From there Lila and London hit it off. They of course started off as friends but the tension stood. When school started, they started to spend more time together. They had almost all of their classes together which London decreed a blessing and they spent almost everyday together after school. Halfway through the school year, he came to a realization one day as Lila and him were playing the guitar in his basement.

He had fallen in love with her

He had wanted to tell her, so badly. But London had never felt this way before and wasn't sure how to express it. His mother would've known and would've helped him. His mother had advice for everything and was very wise. He always could confide in her and admired her more than anything. He couldn't talk to his sister either who was much like his mother, and it broke him. He was close with his father but he couldn't bring himself to talk to him. So he did his best to push it down, even though little by little it killed him. He had been raised to never hide away from who you are, what you feel. And this was one of the first times he tried to run.

But nne day, he broke. He was at the lake with lila and she had submerged from the water, right in front of him. It was very much like the moment before Artemis and bills first kiss. London's cheeks flustered a light pink as lila looked up at him with her big green eyes. It was like looking into a beautiful emerald forest, a line of elm trees lightened by the sun. His breath hitched and he didn't think, he did. His lips pressed firmly onto hers. His body tensed and then relaxed, the tension releasing from his body. Something else grew over him. A deep passion and he knew she was feeling the same way too. Her held onto his lower back as he caressed her face. The kiss was passionate, somewhat gentle and full of sparks. He finally pulled away, out of breath. Her chest heaved up and down as he attempted to catch his breath as well.