ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪ- sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴs

Aphrodites heart stopped and she didn't know what to feel. Happiness, confusion, frustration, and denial. All of them mixed together in a whirlpool in her chest, the words echoing in her head.

"Y-you what?" She choked out, her breathing pattern now matching toms as her heart raced. Her body shuddered from what she knew wasn't the cold.

A weight was lifted off of Tom's chest as his truth was spoken, but a different one lay heavy in his chest from a fear. A fear of rejection. Aphrodites face was almost unreadable and the tone in her voice held more then one emotion, one's Tom couldn't figure out for himself.

He let out a sigh as he leaned back, his dreads falling back onto his shoulders and resting on his upper arms. His gaze softened as he held eye contact with Aphrodite, both of them wanting to look away in either embrassment or nervousness, but neither did. Toms haze softened as he took a deep breath.

"I said i love you Aphrodite.." he whispered, his eyes searching hers for even a glimmer of an answer. Aphrodites mouth hung slightly agape and her eyes wide, the words now repeated and once again echoing in her head.

"I-what.you-why?"

Aphrodites words were quiet yet filled with frantic confusion. Tom let out a gulping sigh, letting his words fall.

"I-I don't know...i know I do..and I feel like I know why I do, and didn't want to tell you because of what happened with...but I just couldn't help it and-"

Toms slow ramble quickly sped up, his words pouring out of his mouth as if a wall in his mind was a dam, and the words were the eager water that wanted to get out. And now the dams wall had broken, the words finally spilling and it seemed like there no stopping it. Aphrodite stared at him as he frantically rambled, then her attention was drawn down to his lips, her gulping slightly as she watched his lip ring spin around with every contact with his top lip as he continued to ramble on. She didn't know what it was, but she once again found herself leaning forward and cutting off his words by connecting her lips with his gently, her hands leaving her lap to come up and caress his face. She smiled gently as her thumbs brushed back and forth on his cheeks, feeling as he let out a sign of relief and his brows furrowed. He felt Aphrodite slowly get up, not breaking their kiss as she climbed into his lap, wrapping her legs around his waist. His arms gently came down to her hips, his touch ever so delicate as his rough but soft hands snuck their way under her shirt. His fingertips grazed her hips gently, her warm skin agasint his cold fingers causing him to shudder.

Aphrodites mind was almost wiped completely of Maxs sinful touch that ghosted on her hips as Tom gently caressed her hips, holding them as if they were a delicate antique that could break at any second. As their lips continued to move together slow and sweet, Aphrodites mind felt clouded. Hearing toms words, her mind swarmed with the possibilities of what she felt. She knew she felt love for him but doubted that she loved him in the way he supposedly loved her. And before she knew it, Tom pulled away as Aphrodite let her heart take over.

"Tom..I think- I-I love you too"

She tensed up, knowing the way she worded it would probably cause Tom to overthink and hurt him. She slowly pulled away, but Tom gently held her in place closer to him.

"I don't want you to say it back to be just because i said it  to you..I want you to mean it-" tom was once again but off by Aphrodite passionately claiming his lips with hers, toms  brows furrowing in desperation once again. She pulled away panting as she opened her eyes and looked deep into toms.

"Tom..." she whispered, her hands caressing his face, her thumbs brushing back and forth across his face caused his stomach to flutter in a way he'd never thought he'd encounter. Aphrodites chest heaved as her heart yelled at her mind and the denial was completely gone.