ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪ- ʜᴇʟʟʙᴏᴜɴᴅ

Aphrodites world stopped, the echo of her heels hitting the expensive floors barely ringing in her ears. Everything grew blurry, the growing sound of her racing heart now overbearing the ringing in her ears. Haunting memories flashed through her mind one after the other, her head beginning to pulse. Now more then anything she would rather be anywhere then right in front of Max's mother, who she hadn't even noticed she had finally stopped in front of. Her gentle smile somehow and somewhat eased Aphrodites anxious state, but couldn't stop the nauseating feeling that began to climb up her throat. Max's voice  muffled deeply through the ringing in her ears as he spoke.

She felt Maxs mothers eyes soften her gaze towards Aphrodite and a light squeal escaping her full and dark lips. The world seemed to stop as Aphrodite then heard another laugh echo and practically pierce through her body, the sinful laughter only triggering a deep, locked away memory in her mind. Her body began to tremble as she felt words be exchanged between max and his mother, the pit in Aphrodites stomach starting to become unbearable. She found herself being able to slightly mutter back responses to question she didn't even care to actually pay attention to as she would faintly nod and smile. She then slowly began to realize the amount of people now making their way into the house. Max'a mother June found her attention being drawn to the swarm of guests piling into her home, causing max to link his fingers with Aphrodites as she heard the mixture of voices and music grow louder. Even though the crowd grew larger and the faces and laughs of hells incarnates were now camouflaged with everyone else's, relief did not at all wash over Aphrodite, her fear still present of a surprise encounter.

The music and voices faded as she felt the air around her soften. She found herself somewhat focusing on the world around her, the room she was now in illuminating a soft blue. The noise from the party now echoed in her ears in a much different way as she found her gaze meeting Max's who's eyes were already on hers. Her stomach still flipped, this time doing small hurdles as Max's blue spheres pierced through her eyes that became nervous and shy. She couldn't deny in this moment she felt vunrable, wanting comfort after catching a glimpse of a walking set of nightmares. She didn't care how she thought she did or didn't feel about max and gently wrapped her arms around his neck, slowly pulling him in a soft and gentle kiss, not letting the tears she didn't even realized had built up in her throat escape. She hated how even thinking about Marshall or Mia caused her to be this way.  She always knew how to be tough, stand tall through anything and everything. But now she found herself wanting to disappear and hide away in the smallest place possible.

Max's lips moved delicately with hers, her picking up on his increase of desperation, Aphrodite not being able to feel a single spark. She didn't feel as much comfort or passion as she did with the one person who she found herself wishing was in Max's place instead. She tried imagining him to help ease the cringe her body encountered, each time drawn back to the scent of max that didn't compare to the calming musk of Tom. Maxs hands slowly moved down to her waist, slowly backing her into the sink causing her to jolt in suprise as the cold marble came in contact with the back of her exposed thighs. Max smirked into the kiss as he lifted Aphrodite with ease onto the counter. His hands began to wonder over her body,  a cringing shudder waving over Aphrodites body. Max's lips left hers, now finding their way down her neck. He groaned softly as he tasted her intoxicating skin, his hands beginning to tug up at her dress.

"M-max..we can't" Aphrodite said breathlessly as Max's lips inched lower down to her exposed collarbone. And as if it was beautiful timing, a soft but stern knock broke through the quiet sound barrier of the bathroom. Max continued to work his lips on Aphrodites skin, not paying any kind to the fact she was trying to push him away. His grip on her became tighter, and as it did, the door opened, revealing another wonderful surprise.

✩✩✩

The boys pulled up to the house, tom and londons jaw dropping at the site. The soft light of the dim night sky bounced off the several fancy cars that circled around the fountain that now glistened from the lights from the front steps and the house. Toms chest heaved slightly as he stepped out of the car, a faint breeze causing a slight chill to go down his spine, almost eliminating the separate reason why a chill coursed through his body. London and Tom both exchanged a worried glance as they watched Apollo practically teleport out of the car, shutting the door quite harshly as he walked quickly to the front door.