FOR YOUR LOVE

My hands shake with anticipation as I wait for this mystery person to make their way to tower.

I check my watch just to make sure I didn't come too early, but it was 7:58 and still no sign of this person.

"Bloody hell I should've worn a jumper."

Quivering from the late September wind. I move behind a pillar to block the wind and give myself some warmth.

I impatiently bite my nails staring at the entrance to the tower, when I see a shadow appear on the wall making their way up the stairs. Standing up and fix myself, trying to stand as nonchalantly as possible.

"Why are you standing like that?"

"Like what?"

My arm was bent over my head with one leg propped against the wall. I realized how idiotic I look and promptly stood up straight.

"Hi Cedric."

My arms holding me to not show him any sign of opening from me.

I couldn't even face myself to look into his eyes. We have not talked ever since Theo caught the two of us.

I wonder if he was thinking the same.

"I didn't bring up the note right away, just in case it wasn't him who wrote it."

Cedric's warm smile greeted me, his eyes meeting mine with a flicker of recognition.

"It's been a while."

He replied, his voice a mix of charm and unease.
I bit my lip out of embarrassment, glancing down at my shoes before meeting his gaze again.

"Yeah, it has."

I hate to admit it but, a hint of a blush tainted my cheeks.

"So you got the note."

He blushed walking closer to me.

"About that note you left me,"

I began, my voice tinged with curiosity.
Cedric chuckled softly, his gaze lingering on me.

"I was hoping you'd be intrigued."

He confessed, his tone holding a hint of playful flirtation. My lips curled into a mischievous smile.

"Well, you certainly caught my attention."

I admitted, a teasing glint in my eyes.

"Though, I remember the last time we were almost alone together, this is definitely bringing back some memories."

Cedric's eyes sparkled with amusement, memories of their near encounter resurfacing.

"Theodore Nott walking in on us, right?"

He replied, a lopsided grin forming.

"Quite the memorable interruption."

I nodded, a soft laugh escaping me.

"Indeed,"

I agreed, the tension between us slowly easing.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

Cedric's expression turned more serious, his gaze locked onto mine.

"Amalia, I was wondering if you'd consider being my date for the Yule Ball."

He asked, his voice holding a mix of hope and vulnerability. I couldn't help but have the dumbest smile plastered across my face.

I've never been asked to a dance before.