Come As You Are

"Well go on then, go talk to your date."

Draco gags as we make our way to the courtyards before class. My hands shake with anticipation, thank Merlin I pulled them up a little bit into my robe so no one would notice.

"Shove it."

Lunging towards him raising my fist causing him to flinch.

I wasn't going to actually hit him, just wanted to scare him, it worked. Smirking I make my way to the red head, not sure which one, sitting beside a few other Gryffindors.

Dirty and confused looks are shot my way as I step foot in front of the red head who is too busy in a conversation to notice me.

That is until the girl he was talking to eyes me, proceeding to give him a dirty look as she packed her things and left.

He almost seemed startled to find me in front of him.

"Well, hello tiny dancer, what brings you over?"

He jokingly says to me.

"I was wondering if I could speak to you, in private."

Ooh's are heard from all the Gryffindors around him. I peer over to see all the Slytherins staring, Draco has a smug look on his face, almost as if he knows this is not my date.

"So, what would you like to talk about miss..."

He swivels around to look down at me in the empty corridor he took me to.

"Amalia, you can call me Malia, but-"

A lot of Gryffindor first years interrupt our conversation.

"Fred! Fred! Do you have anymore puking pastilles?! George said-"

Fred quickly shut them down.

"Can't you see I'm having a lovely conversation, meet me in the common room tonight, I'll help you then."

The first years gave me a look of hatred and went on their merry way.

"So, Malia, continue."

He motions me to start again.

"I was wondering if you'd be my date to the Yule Ball."

Swallowing hard, a look of surprise takes over Fred's face, it quickly turns into a twisted smirk.

"Now why would a Slytherin ask a Weasley to the ball, perhaps some twisted prank you will pull on me later or-"

A lightbulb went on in Fred's head.

"You want to get someone jealous."

I really did not want to get anyone jealous but I fear this is my only hope he will agree to go with me. I put on my best actress monologue and take a deep breath in and sigh loudly as if he had caught me.

"Yes, I truly do want to get someone jealous."

Peering up at him, giving him the best puppy eyes I could. Fred laughs at my expression.

"Alright Malia, I don't need the dramatics, I will be your date, I have some jealousy I'd like to dish out too."

"As long as you do not wear green, we'll look like Christmas."

"Deal, now will you be meeting me at the Dungeons or shall I meet you at your common room?"

Fred puts his hand on his chest as if he's offended.

"Oh no, no, we need everyone to be jealous, you are going to make a grand entrance at the stairs outside of the Great Hall."

I like this guy.