Wildflower

Later in the night my sleep was filled with my mind racing with a thousand thoughts and had no intention of stopping. I couldn't help but wonder why Theo would ever put that in my head, it was too detailed it had to be true, if it was, it was horrible.

He deserved it.

The horrible imagery in my head couldn't escape, I hated that the horrible torture he endured made less of a pit within my stomach.

The screams ringing in my ears, the unforgivable curses Theo used without mercy, continuing on and on, for Merlin knows.

Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes, I can't help that I felt good knowing that if that ever did happen, I loved it, causing the battle of my thoughts to continue on through the night.

My brain eventually got tired of dealing with the conflicting emotions, in turn, forcing me into sleep. I'm not sure how long I was out for, but all I knew was is that I did not want to move from the warmth of my own bed.

I lay awake, staring at the beaming green rays glistening through the window from the black lake. There was nothing I could do to get the thoughts to stop, so I let them continue, constantly fighting between what was morally right and what made me feel okay.

I guess I was deeper in thought that I imagined, I hadn't even noticed Pansy with a tray in her hands, hovering by the base of my feet.

"I brought you dinner, you slept through breakfast and lunch."

Pansy set the tray beside me, slowly making her way to come face to face with me.

She had a weak smile plastered on her face, I knew she could tell something was wrong.

"Adrian he..."

A lump grew in my throat as the image of Adrian cowering in fear as Theo's wand shot out a multitude of colors. I had to stop myself because I still was unsure. However, I did end up with Theo, I don't know.

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks which didn't intend to stop. Pansy grabbed me, holding onto me. I allowed myself to sob into her shoulder, although, I wasn't crying over what Adrian had done to me, but I couldn't tell Pansy the real reason behind my tears.

It seemed as if time stood still, there was a comforting silence between each of my sniffles.

My eyes burned as no more tears could be produced from my body, luckily enough, I felt better.

Releasing Pansy from my grasp, we looked at each other, her green eyes were soft and full of sorrow. She didn't ask anymore of me, but she knew that there was more to what Adrian had done.

"Whatever happened, I'm sure he won't be bothering you anymore, he looked horrible this morning and was nowhere near any of us. He even sat alone during the meals."

That statement alone was enough to confirm, for now, that it was true.

Pansy half snorted at the end of her sentence.
I gave her a small insincere chuckle, I really couldn't let her know, but at least she's here and supporting, that's all I could ever ask for.

~*~

I was able to make it to class on Monday, barely, I had to. I hadn't been able to sleep much again, instead of trying to sleep I decided to put my anxiety to good and catch up on all of the missing assignments I had from being out.

All of my professors were super understanding and excused the work I had missed for that week, besides Snape. He claims since I am a well rounded student I should be able to keep up with his work, as if. He was right though, I did finish almost a weeks worth of writing about different ingredients in potions, I was considering reaching out to Neville about it but considering it was five in the morning I decided it was best to not.