Kinda Out Of Luck

The moment I stepped into my old bedroom it felt like a breath of fresh air, quiet and relaxing, alas, I felt none of those. My hand reached for my throbbing neck as the swelling was just as preeminent as my racing heart. No matter how hard I tried to calm myself, nothing was working. I changed into new clothes, I tried to read from a few books that were neatly stacked on the bedside table. Nothing helped.

I sat at the edge of my bed, my head in my hands, peering out in the late July sky. It was almost comical how just hours ago I felt happy with where I was, almost like everything that has happened to me disappeared.

The thoughts of what has happened began racing through my mind,

What is going to happen between Draco, Theo, and I?

Do the other boys know?

Did Theo actually do what I think he did?

Ugh!

I threw myself back onto my bed, shutting my eyes harder than ever, to the point where I could see little stars scattered behind my eye lids. I wish there was just a way to get these thoughts out!

That's it.

Kicking my feet off the bed, I made a b-line to my trunk, tossing out every article of clothing within it. My journal. My cheeks ached with the dumb smile I had plastered on my face.

I held the book to my chest, making my way to the desk in the far corner of the room. It already had a quill and ink ready for whichever guest was planning to write. I sat myself down at the desk, prepared to pour my heart and soul into the parchment when a letter fell from my journal onto my lap. It was Cedric's.

My heart skipped a beat and all I could think of was how Didi had yet to appear with my letter. It never took her this long, even if she went back to my manor, Phargo would have directed her to the Nott manor. Who knows, the weather in Scotland could be rubbish or maybe Mr. Diggory simply hasn't had the chance to write back. Whatever the case may be, I simply shrugged it off by dabbing the excess ink off of my quill.

~*~

"Malia, dove,"

Oh the stupid pet name Mattheo called me. Sat alone, I was awaiting the start of Charms class, peacefully mind you.

"Mattheo! I don't like being called a white pigeon!"

Groaning, although when I faced Mattheo, it wasn't him, it was Theo.

"Theo? Since when do you have a pet name for me, besides Pepe."

I crossed my arms simply waiting for the punchline of Theo's waste of air. Except he just stood there, smiling at me, warmth took over the cold charms class. His perfect dark curls were perfectly messed up, revealing his sunken in eyes that he naturally was blessed with. Many would hate to have his eyes, even he dislikes them, the girls on the other hand don't.

"Theo?"

Questioning the happy boy. It seemed to make him happier, speaking his name once more.

"Malia, dove, you're..."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Theo's sentence ended so airy that I could hardly understand what he said.

"Theo?"

This time his smile faded, turning into a deep frown.

"AMALIA!"

"WHAT!"

Mattheo stood behind me, my mind was too foggy to get a full glimpse of him. Taking in my surroundings I found myself still at the desk. From what it looked like, coming from the empty inkwell and a half finished page from my journal.