K-12

Last night was unlike anything I had experienced. He finally admitted, Theo finally confided in his feelings. Although it was not as romantic as I'd hope it would be, it was still something and something I hate to say that I longed for.

***

"Amalia why are you crying Dove?"

Mattheo approached from behind. I wouldn't think anyone would have found me in the garden since the only one's that step foot in here was Mrs. Nott, before she passed away of course.

Wiping my tears against my black turtle neck sleeve, I looked upon him with tears threatening to fall at any given moment. It was pathetic really.

"Draco told Theo I like him and Theo he-he"

I had to take a moment to breathe, I didn't want to cry anymore than I had. Mattheo sat to my left, wrapping an arm around me, rubbing my arm and allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

"he smiled."

"Well what are you so sad about! He likes you!"

Mattheo threw his arms up bewildered as to why I was so upset. With sad eyes, I turned my eyes from my hands to his.

"No Mattheo! He doesn't! After he smiled at me, Draco pushed him towards me and everyone started laughing and he joined in and said..."

In an attempt to withhold tears, I grabbed onto a frizzy locket of hair, twirling it between my fingers..

"What, what did he say?"

"He said that he would like a mudblood before he ever had the thought of liking me."

I peered back to Mattheo's whose face was growing with fury.

"Theo said that?"

Nodding my head I decided it was better to not talk because if I did, I threatened the potential of another break down. I know Mattheo was upset with what Theo said to me but there was also the blood status. Mattheo didn't care about blood status, he however did not like that term as the girl he fancied came from non-magic folk, luckily I was the only one who knew.

Mattheo stood from the grass walking as fast as he could towards the boys. I didn't know what he intended on doing since Mattheo was always the one being pushed around by the boys since he was the smallest. Now that third year was approaching, Mattheo was not only bigger than most of the boys, he was also developing a plethora of different emotions.

On instinct I followed close behind him, it took me a bit to catch up as his legs were exceptionally longer than mine.

"Theo!"

Mattheo called out for Theo. I'm not sure why but I stopped a few feet behind him, it was a feeling in me that told me I did not want to be close to the interaction that was about to occur.

Theo turned around with a stupid smile plastered on his face expecting to have a little fun banter with his best mate.

"Mattheo my boy,"

He looked over Mattheo's shoulder to me, then back to Mattheo.

"listen I know we are all going through a weird time, especially you, but to be with Pepe, oh come on-"

My hands flew to my mouth, Theo was laying flat on his back in the grass as a pool of blood poured from both nostrils. Mattheo just broke his nose. My eyes flickered between all of the boys who were just as equally shocked as I was, even Mattheo was shocked at what he had just done.