Soap

Malia, you have yet to write to me all summer! I am so sorry I told your mother about what had happened but you must understand, I care so much about you. I must say I could have went about it in a completely different way but you never tell me anything, you never let any of us in. I can't seem to understand why exactly you don't but I do not want it to continue.

Other than that, I overheard my parents talking to the Nott's about what is going on, supposedly he's back. I don't think he is but apparently the Malfoy's have been on edge, that's why Draco has yet to write me back, I hope that's the reason.

I want to see you this summer so hopefully we can move past this, you are still coming to the Nott's manor right? Oh please write back with the only answer being yes, I do not think I will be able to survive. Write to me soon.

Love,

Pansy

I sat at the edge of my bed, rereading the same part of the letter Pansy had written to me. You never let any of us in. It's hard to admit, but she's right. I never realized how hard it was for me to trust anyone, I mean, can you blame me? My whole life I have been teased, ridiculed, belittled, and treated terribly by those who claimed to be my "friends".

Mattheo does not count, he has always been a true friend, even with someone as true as him, I could never let him fully in. If no one can fully know me, I can never truly get hurt, right? The taste of metal filled my mouth, without realizing I had been biting the inside of my cheek, so much to the point a small wound had now ensued inside my mouth. I stopped myself from getting too deep into thought at the fear that I may gnaw a hole through my cheek. Everything as of lately has been making me want to cower in fear at the thought of being so stuck in my mind.

It had been a week since the news of Cedric death and the message in the sky appeared for wizards everywhere. Rumors have been floating around that you know who is back. I do not fear him, since according to my family and friends, all pure-bloods are safe, I fear what he will do next. Many what if's have been fueling my mind, especially after the letter I found in the library which was the only piece of parchment in there that was not covered in dust.

I hope this finds you well,

I am sure you received the news of the boy from Hogwarts meeting his fate with the Lord. It is a miracle that he is back. I will not go into detail, I do have to say that I know Theodore can hold his own, especially since he is so passionate about our beliefs, I can not say the same about your own.

Your daughter, as my son has mentioned before, fraternizes with blood traitors, not to mention, mudbloods. I am sending this to you as a concerned friend, tell Amalia that it is not too late, she can be saved, a beautiful young witch such as herself should never think so low of herself. Be warned, the Dark Lord might not mind your children's participation, but I do.

Hope you have a lovely holiday and I hope to see you and your family once more this summer at our manor in France.

Tiberius Nott

I was never one to experience such violent night terrors, that was until I read the gut wrenching letter that my mother forgot to throw away. Instead she got piss drunk and passed out on the couch. She doesn't know that I had read it and I will make sure she knows I never will, if she does find out, she will never turn away from the bottle.

From downstairs a familiar voice was heard from the parlor. Grinning, ear to ear, I hop off of my bed, darting towards the parlor.

"Blaise."

Smiling at the top of the stairs, my brother delightfully repaid the expression. The two of us met halfway on the staircase, holding onto one another in a much needed hug that we both needed. Neither of us had been away from one another this long, even though we would not hang around each other too much at school, we still were in each other's presence.