Sabotage

Hm. Nothing.

That's unusual for Floo travel to not work, especially since I spoke clearly, even if I didn't, it would send me some place similar. Grabbing, yet another handful of Floo, clearing my throat to get the best possible outcome and hope I end up somewhere.

"Riddle Manor!"

A flash of green, and I am on my ass, hacking up a lung filled with smoke. Furiously batting my eyes to rid the smoke in front of me.

Are you serious.

My fireplace threw me out of it! Never had that happened to me, then again, I have never not had Floo powder not work for me. It was indeed odd, the only thing that really set me off was that it wasn't allowing me to travel anywhere. Maybe the Riddle manor didn't exist? If that were the case, then where does Mattheo stay? Now here's another thing to add onto my plate of everything I need to get to the bottom of.

"What are you doing on the floor? And why are you so dirty?"

Like an answer from Merlin above, Mattheo emerged from the green flames of my fireplace. Silently I thanked Merlin, now I can stop two mouths with one pumpkin pasty.

"Mattheo! Oh I have so many questions!"

Jumping up with anticipation and excitement pulsing through my veins. Mattheo on the other hand could have been mistaken as a petrified victim.

"Sorry, I was trying to come to your manor but my fireplace rejected me which has never happened and I need to know where Blaise and-what?"

Mattheo stood with his arms across his chest, eyebrow cocked with a displeased face, like a parent planning to discipline their insubordinate child. Mocking him, I cross my arms, tilting my head to the side. I couldn't take it any longer as the unanswered questions were still extremely present, I dropped my arms to my side.

"Mattheo! I really need your help!"

The whining was annoying, however, I couldn't care less, Mattheo never gave me the silent treatment.

"Sure, I'll help you, Hi Amalia, I'm great too, it's nice to see you too! Oh I understand why you haven't written to me yet, you had a hard time this past semester."

My lip curled under my teeth, I did forget to write to Mattheo in all honesty, you can't really blame me with everything that has been going on. It doesn't mean I forgot about him. Nevertheless it was wrong of me to not write to him, out of everyone, through my entire life, he has never done me wrong. I can excuse the feelings involved, it happens to the best of us.

"Mattheo, I'm sorry, I have had an extremely weird, nostalgic, sad, but happy time since I left school."

The mirrored look I had on my face, adjacent to Mattheo's, followed my emotions, an apologetic frown. His tongue poking his cheek, the usual grin he always had on his face appeared right before my eyes. Shaping my apologetic frown into a joyous smile.

"Thank you for apologizing, come, let's chat."

He spoke, guiding the two of us to the nearby couch.

"So, tell me, why are you feeling weird, nostalgic, sad, but happy, what had been going on with you?"

Mattheo leaned into the couch, meanwhile I placed both of my legs atop of his, stretching out beside him.

"Well, for starters, Cedric...and the events that happened after he was killed,"

Mattheo straightened up, gazing into my eyes to better understand me.