Rush

"So you're telling me all you did was fly around in circles while the guys stared at your ass?"

Pansy questions while the chicken slowly slid off of her fork.

After practice I went to the corridor expecting to be greeted by Theo, only to end up falling asleep on the common room couch in the process.
I soon realized I had to attend the rest of my boring classes for the day, nothing too crazy happened, besides Draco's daily harassment of Harry Potter. When I came to the lunch table the girls all asked me about practice since it was now the talk of the corridors that Amalia Zabini is the newest member of the Slytherin quidditch team.
Besides that, the boys weren't at lunch, I wanted to know where Theo knew I was teasing or if he genuinely took me seriously.

The whole practice felt as if I was in a fever dream once I explained it to the girls. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed at the sheer fact that I am forced to even be on the quidditch team. Of course I have nothing against quidditch, but me? I like to keep myself clean and free of bruises.

"Well when you put it like that, it makes me sound like a slag."

"You didn't need to do that for her to say that."

Astoria snickers.

"Isn't there a game this week? Shouldn't you ask Adrian if you can actually practice in case you have to go in?"

Pansy had a serious expression across her face, staring intently in my eyes.

"Oh Pansy, do you really think I'd get in the game? Please, they would never make that happen. Besides, what would I do? It's not like I'd be a beater, let alone the seeker, come on now."

We all chuckle and finish the amazing roast that was our lunch.

Not too long after, as a collective we went to go on about our day. Since Pansy and I both did not have class for the rest of the day, we wanted to have a little fun.

"Pansy are you sure we won't get caught, it's broad daylight for merlin's-sake?"

Whisper shouting to Pansy as we sit atop of the Astronomy tower.

She shoo's me away while taking out the pungent muggle weed, rolling as to what I now know is a joint.

"Just shut up and take a hit, no one comes here during the day, it's the Astronomy tower, what're they gonna do, stare into the sun?"

She coughs up smoke, passing the joint my way.
I laugh at her response, she was right, I just worry, especially since I'm already on thin ice with a lot of people at the moment.

Inhaling slowly, sucking down the weed, letting it tinge my throat. Luckily this time I wasn't taken aback by how strong it was, that was until I coughed up an entire cloud.

"This sucks, is there any other way to do this without almost losing a lung?"

Pansy laughed for what seemed to carry on for five minutes, until I soon realized I had also been laughing with her.

We passed the joint to each other until all of the weed was finished. The view during the day was so beautiful from the Astronomy tower, especially since the days were getting warmer and the sun was setting later, I smiled to myself, taking in the beauty of nature. Just hearing the birds sing to each other throughout the forest and seeing merpeople jumping from one wave to the next in the black lake, enjoying this beautiful day also.

"So, where do you and Theo stand? Have you talked at all?"

Pansy disrupts my happy thoughts with a crash.

"Don't even ask me about that cause I could care less about Theo."

A long giggle escapes my lips, bringing Pansy to giggle.