Chapter 8

DOMINIC

A private island in Fiji was the safest place I could think of taking Sofia for our honeymoon and I had a feeling she'd like it enough to feel safe with all the arrangements I'd made with Liam assisting me.

We'd already been on the plane for close to four hours but still had a couple more to go before we'd land in Fiji.

I flexed my right hand muscles, feeling a bit of normalcy carve into my bandaged knuckles.

After a monstrously brutal visit to the basement of the villa where Sofia had been assaulted, they were pretty much bloody and felt broken because it'd been a while since I'd shown so much mercilessness.

Sofia had personally bandaged my hands even after seeing part of the act. She neither flinched nor showed any sign of fear, touching me at a moment when I felt too furious to have anyone around me, worse still, touch me the way she did.

Her boldness had greatly surprised me, the way I'd almost instantly calmed down even more. Whatever effect her presence had on me was fucking up my entire personality and making me do things that'd long been deleted from my usual traits including cuddling.

I had a feeling Teodoro was most pissed by it since he'd blown up all my phones with calls and angry texts, all of which I ignored. He must have heard and he was furious, disappointed in me even.

I didn't plan to care for Sofia. I didn't plan on prioritising her safety and feeling mad because of the tears in her eyes. I didn't fucking plan on having a goddess for a wife and feeling possessive over her.

The feeling ran deep in my bones, flowing through the blood in my veins, a brooding feeling to protect her and keep her happy. A deep desire to cherish what was mine at all costs despite how high the stakes were.

I was letting myself feel these things, allowing softness and warmth back into my heart and opening myself to the damn process of being human and feeling real emotions again without blocking them out.

Maybe that was why I was letting it all happen, allowing a woman to change my perspective of humanity.

I missed being a simple human people didn't tremble at the sight of. I missed the warmth and softness of caring and being cared for, the sacred simplicity in reciprocated genuine heartfelt feelings.

I lifted my eyes to Sofia as she sat across from me with a table between us, praying she wouldn't notice I was staring at her again.

She was buried deep in the book she'd been reading since we'd finished breakfast on the plane, a soft smile touching her lips.

Her thick, luxuriant strawberry blonde hair framed her face perfectly well, held up into a low bun with a butterfly hairpin holding it together. With her fair skin tone and dominantly green eyes, her hair was a perfect complement, giving an overall attractively striking outlook.

Sofia wore a black sweetheart neckline split thigh dress with white Nike sneakers. She sat with her legs crossed, exposing a great portion of her attractively long legs that made it impossible for my stare not to linger.

Fuck.

I was confident I had the most beautiful wife in the entire goddamn world. Did she know her beauty was flawless? If she didn't or in case she had doubts or insecurities, I'd gladly remind her every single day of my life I had her by my side of how breath-taking she was.

She looked way better now, happier even and I knew it has something to do with the long phone call she'd had with Ava, someone I figured was her little sister. They had to be that close and meant a big deal to each other because just speaking to her seemed to have made her feel a lot better.