Chapter 34

Sofia

As the gentle sound of raindrops hitting the windowpane serenaded me, I slowly awakened with a soft moan.

Stirring beneath the soft, warm blanket, I peeled my eyes open, slowly adjusting them to the lighting. The room was extra cosy and dimly lit, with diffused light seeping through the thick, charcoal-grey curtains, casting a soothing hue in the air.

With a soft yawn, I flipped myself over to my back, my head instantly sinking into a big, comfortable pillow. Momentarily, I fluttered my eyes closed, the soft melodies of rain creating a rhythm that lulled me into a tranquil state, tempting me to linger in bed.

I stretched my hand to my right with an absent mind, a soft smile touching my lips. Feeling the empty spot next to me fully awakened me, pushing me to sit up straight with a swift brush of my tangled hair backwards with one hand.

"Dom?" I called out softly, glazing my eyes across the room.

We'd certainly fallen asleep tangled up together in this bed. I clearly remembered him spooning me and holding me close, his lips planting deep and feathery kisses on my shoulder alternatively until I drifted off to sleep.

I cast my eyes to the digital clock on the wall, reading the time. It was seven in the morning.

He couldn't have left already and even if he had, he wouldn't leave without a word, would he?

Leaving the comfortable embrace of the bed, I placed my feet on the plush fluffy rug, feeling a slight chill as cool air seeped through my bare skin. The air felt crisp and cool, carrying the petrichor scent of wet earth, instantly calming my senses.

Walking towards the large windows, I pulled back the curtains, another soft yawn escaping past my lips. My eyes were instantly greeted by a world cloaked in hues of grey, the sight of raindrops racing down the transparent windows creating a mesmerising visual symphony.

I had underestimated the breathtaking view of the shimmering world outside and how high above the ground we were until now that it was morning and I had natural lighting to appreciate it. I could see the large waterfall beyond the infinity pool with water waves crashing down to the wide river below.

My mind couldn't wander away from the idea of diving in for a swim. Maybe we could once the weather had fully cleared.

The rest of the landscape was mostly nature at its finest, a beautiful forest surrounding the enclosure. The leaves of trees glistened like emerald jewels, brightly coloured flowers, some I'd never seen before giving an equally striking appeal.

It was so beautiful I couldn't stop smiling in appreciation.

The symphony of the rain outside created a backdrop for my thoughts, allowing me to indulge in moments of reflection of some personal beautiful moments dominating my mind.

I couldn't help but lift my hand to my mouth, my fingers lightly grazing my lips. I felt them involuntarily stretch wider, the more I thought about the events of the previous night.

I liked it. 

No.

I loved it so much just thinking about it made my stomach feel fuzzy, tingly sensations of excitement humming my entire body to pulsating life.

I'd feared it all my life, a feeling mixed with painful anticipation. I'd thought I wouldn't know how to move my lips or where to place my hands but last night, my mouth coupled with my tongue had skills of its own that shocked me, my hands roaming everywhere on his muscular frame they could get to, feeling him, needing him and feeding the ferocious hunger I'd had buried deep inside me since I first met him.