Chapter 12

DOMINIC

My hand glazed over the dresses on the clothes rack, searching for the perfect dress for Sofia.

It'd barely been ten minutes since we'd arrived at the clothing store and I still hadn't found anything satisfying enough to complement her figure although she'd selected a couple of outfits to try on herself.

Sofia focused on outfits far away from where I stood, her eyes roaming everywhere but on me. She'd been that way since our encounter at the beach, shying away from me, avoiding any sort of eye contact and becoming restless with every slight brush of my body against hers.

I didn't know what to think about it, but deep down, I felt she was holding back for many reasons and a veil was masking that feisty boldness I'd witnessed on the beach.

Something or someone even had fucked up with her confidence so much she couldn't give in to the things I knew weren't one-sided. She wanted it, desired to explore this electric buzz between us.

She needed to understand there was nothing wrong with craving to be with your spouse intimately and I had no idea how to explain that to her without ruining the little progress we already had going on.

She'd already had a rather scarring encounter with paid predators a couple of days back and that had to be part of the reasons weighing her soul down.

I didn't want to be selfish enough to thrust her into a forced world of intimacy. She deserved to choose when and who to fuck whenever she was ready.

For the time being until I figured out all her layers, self-control had to be a virtue I respected religiously until she could peel off each layer and expose her raw self to me. I didn't want any barriers between us be it unspoken trauma, shame or insecurities.

All of it had to be addressed before I could go ahead and consummate our marriage. First, I needed her fully needy, shameless and desperate to the extent she wouldn't be able to deny herself her needs.

After minutes of fruitless progress, I picked on a black contrast lace hip-zipped bandeau corset dress. I could picture her in it, every curve fitting in perfectly with a good boast of her assets.

I wanted to see her in it and hopefully take it off as well soon and worship her body with my hands and lips.

I took the dress on its hanger off the rail and approached Sofia, assessing it one more time and feeling the fabric against my fingers.

I lightly put my hand on Sofia's shoulder to get her attention. Sofia turned around with slightly raised brows, her eyes wandering away the second they met mine.

"I think you'd look perfect in this," I said, lightly pressing the dress against the supple frame of her body and imagining her in it. "Can you show me when you try it on?"

Sofia softly nodded, taking the dress by the hanger and lightly grazing her fingers against mine in the process.

My fingers felt numb for a second before a flood of heat mixed with tingles washed over them. She must have felt it too as she took a controlled shallow breath, nearly biting on her bottom lip.

"Thanks," she murmured politely, focusing her eyes on the dress. "I'll go try it on with the rest of the outfits I've selected," she said gently.

"Sure," I replied in a voice soft with affection, lifting my hand a give her hair a gentle stroke. "You look beautiful today, by the way," I genuinely complimented her.

Sofia finally looked at me, her lips breaking into a sweet smile. "You've already said that twice in the past hour."

I chuckled softly, framing her face with my hand briefly. "Just a gentle reminder in case your mind is playing tricks on you."