Chapter 31

SOFIA

I thought I'd felt everything there was to feel from a man's gentle touch when Dominic had unexpectedly swept me off my feet and carried me into the car, but when he carried me out of the car an hour later when we arrived at a villa, I figured I'd barely felt anything back then.

Maybe it was because our ride had been pretty much silent with stolen glances and a thousand unspoken words, manifesting in accidental gazes and light, skin brushes.

Being in his arms triggered a fuzzy feeling in my stomach, firecrackers exploding in my bloodstream, spreading sensual tingles and making my blood rush and roar to life.

I had one hand on his shoulder, my eyes straying everywhere but eventually landing where I felt they needed to be. His face.

Dominic was without doubt a handsome man of a few words though his silence spoke volumes to me. He was neither cold nor ruthless like everyone who barely knew him like I did said. 

He was just misunderstood and surrounded by too many dark-minded people to shed the light within him fully. I was his wife and now that we were on speaking terms, I could fix that. I could try.

I pressed my head into his chest, listening to his heartbeat and enjoying the masculinity of his frame. I could easily fall asleep like this, the rain a perfect background conducive enough to sleep peacefully.

After weeks of missing his presence and proximity so calming and warm, relaxing in his arms felt like a reward. Even his scent smelt like a manly gush of fresh air, a rejuvenation of my weary soul and muscles.

Dominic climbed a spiral staircase that seemed to light up with every step he took. The aesthetic of the villa was very pleasing and serene, especially given it had the same touch as our honeymoon destination. It felt like a continuation from where we'd left off and I was here for it.

It took a few more steps before we were at the top of the staircase and took a hallway to the left until we reached the master bedroom at the far end.

Dominic walked in towards the bed at the centre of the room before carefully placing me on the bed. I sat with a light sigh, stretching my legs as I looked around the bedroom.

It was pretty much like our honeymoon bedroom, just bigger with more plush furniture and larger windows. The view was much more natural with a waterfall on one side. I loved the place and its cosy, calming appeal.

"May I?" Dominic's voice drew my attention.

I looked back at him only to realise he'd crouched before me, his fingertips trailing down my right calf to my heel.

Despite feeling tingly and stimulated by his hands on my leg, I slowly nodded, adjusting my sitting position so he could take off my shoe.

"Yes," I murmured in affirmation, gazing down at him softly as his hands worked on taking off my heel.

Dominic took his time slipping off the heel and rubbing his finger pads against my foot once it was bare. He shifted his attention to my right foot, taking off the heel and setting it aside before paying attention to my toes and the heels of my feet with his hands.

I hadn't felt how swollen and painful my feet and toes were until he began lightly massaging them and paying careful attention to the reddening parts.

"You wore your heels all day," he remarked, moving his thumbs up to circle my ankles. "Your feet are sore."

I hummed lightly, enjoying the feeling of his hands on my feet. "I forgot to take them off," I lied, watching as he set them gently on the fluffy rug.

He looked up at me, still in a squatting position, his gaze so soft I felt my insides melt. I could feel my entire face heat up and tucking in my smile became harder with every passing second he looked at me like that.