Chapter 14

SOFIA

I flipped the garlic butter steak in the frying pan to its other side, turning up to heat to brown the crispy crust.

The rich aroma aided by the pre-seasoning and concentrated flavour filled my heart with contentment, a warm smile stretching my lips.

He'd love every dish I'd wholeheartedly made for us, especially the main course.

After spending the day with Dominic at the strawberry farm and a bit beyond on a gondola ride to watch the sunset, I felt like he wasn't completely a stranger to me anymore.

I'd picked on multiple habits, likes and dislikes of his and even important dates in his life. Everything made me feel better deserving to be by his side and not act stupid and clueless every time a question about him came up.

At some point, it'd felt like a date, the atmosphere romantic in the most subtle way and I'd secretly enjoyed it. I wanted more of this despite what we chose to call it.

When we'd arrived back home at dusk, Dominic had gone straight to his office and had been on a call since then, speaking aggressively with whoever was on the other end of the call.

I'd eventually figured it could be Greta since he'd mentioned they were having problems. I wished he'd figure things out with her and reduce his stress levels.

I put the steak aside after finishing cooking it and shifted my attention to the pasta and side dishes. I felt like I'd made too much looking at all the dishes laid out before me, but what could I do? I wanted to impress him and figure out what he loved most.

It took a couple more minutes of cooking before I heard a door close and Dominic walked down the stairs. I didn't look back, but I knew it had to be him. I felt his presence and intense gaze on me.

I figured my assumption was right when Dominic stood directly behind me, his hands powerfully looping around my waist before he pulled me back into him, his body pressing into mine.

I felt a fuzzy swirling in my stomach as his veiny hands covered my stomach, his head dropping on my shoulder.

I felt weird sensations in my hands, my neck involuntarily angling to give him better access to my neck as his nose dove onto my skin sensually.

No matter how much he'd hold me like this and breathe in my scent while blowing his hot breath on my skin, I'd never get enough of him.

The butterflies swirling in my stomach were something I was slowly getting used to, something I craved to feel every day to assure myself this wasn't a dream.

I needed them as tangible evidence I'd found a man who with hands good enough to make me feel like a woman.

"Smells so fucking good," he rumbled, his lips lightly tracing my neck to my earlobe. Whether he meant the food or me, a win was a win.

"Really?" I asked softly, gently mixing the creamy pasta.

Dominic hummed against my skin, the vibrations impacting straight down to the bottom of my stomach. "Yes, really."

A smile touched my lips, heat stinging my entire face as I felt his thumbs rub in soothing light circles right below my breasts.

I gently dropped the spoon I'd been holding, allowing myself to revel in the delicious sensations flowing through my bloodstream, enclosed in his arms.

It felt real. It felt so fucking real it made my heart leap like never before.

I slowly lifted my hand to my waist, sliding it on top of his with a gentle rack of my fingers against his. "You okay?" I found myself asking softly. "You sounded angry and kinda feel tense."