iii. the disgusting creature

IT WAS the day after Halloween and Daisy could finally say she made some friends. She hoped that Will would be okay, as she noticed he did come to school that day. She also lost sleep the night prior and was worried about Will. 

Daisy sat quietly in the back of the science class next to her new best friend, Max. Daisy wasn't listening to the lesson but instead fidgeted with her creme colored long sleeve shirt. Daisy was sitting in peace messing with her sleeve when the science door burst open, revealing Dustin. 

"I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke." Dustin panted and he stumbled, "Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please. Thanks." 

Daisy then watched Dustin turn to him friends and whisper something she couldn't detect, then he turned around and looked at daisy and max and whispered, "AV club. Lunch." Max then jerked up and Daisy did as well.

"Dustin!"

"Yes, my lord?"

"Would you care to join the class now?"

"Please, yes"

"The case of Phineas Gage" Mr. Clark said, as Dustin began to open his text book.

" Phineas Gage."

"Page 104"

"104. 104" 

"Focus."

Focusing." 

He then turned around again and whispered, "AV club. lunch." 

 ❦

At lunch they all met in the AV room and Dustin brought his trap he showed Max and Daisy yesterday. He set it on the table and the group leaned over it as he opened it, revealing a smiling looking creature. 

"His name is D'Artagnan. Cute, right?" Dustin casually said as if there wasn't a disgusting creature in his hand.

"Not cute." Daisy mumbled, not realizing Jude heard her, he stifled a laugh. 

"D'Artagnan?" Mike asked. 

"Dart for short." Dustin again casually stated. 

"And he was in your trash?" Max inquired. 

"Foraging for food." Dustin said then he looked up at Max, "You wanna hold him?" to which Max said no rapidly. 

Dustin put the thing onto Max's hand to which she passed it to Lucas, who passed it to Gabe, who then passed it to Will, who passed it to Jude. But before Jude could even think about passing it to Daisy she hid behind his back, so he gave it to Mike, who just stared at it. 

"What is he?" 

"My question exactly?" 

Dustin then grabbed some books and slammed them on the table, "At first, I thought it was some type of Pollywog."