xxiii. billy.

MIKE PACED AROUND STARCOURT trying to get anyone over the walkie talkie. 

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us." Mike paced back and forth. "He has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall."

Daisy stood with Max and Will, Jude sat with Lucas as he tested his wrist rocket. Nancy took a gun from one of the dead men. 

"You're gonna kill him, aren't you?"

"This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy assured Max. 

"And not just against Billy. If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer."

The group watched Mike pace around, and Nancy's eyes landed on the display car. 

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy smiled. 

"We don't need it to drive." Jonathan suggested. "We just need the ignition cable."

Everyone got behind the car and pushed it to try to flip it back over, but the car was too heavy. 

"Let me try." El said, as they watched watched them try.

"El."

El stepped forward, limping on her injured leg. "I can do it."

They decided to watch and see if El could flip it over. 

El raised her hand and tried to use her powers, but it wouldn't flip over. So, instead they decided to use stools to move it. 

"Push!" Jonathan commanded, and they pushed it over to its side. "Alright, great. Alright, now, all the way. Ready?"

They pushed again, and finally the car flipped back onto its wheels. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. 

"Told you, physics." Mike panted. 

They all stepped down from the counter, Jude helping Daisy down. Daisy went over and stood with Mike and Max, who watched El test her powers to see if they were working. 

"How do we get it open?" Nancy asked, as they tried to open the latch.

"Uh, there should be a latch. Check under the wheel." Jonathan told her, and she went and checked. 

"What's she doing?" Max asked and they saw El rummaging through the trash. 

Max and Mike looked at each other with confused expressions. The three walked over to El. 

"El." Mike called out. "Are you okay?"

El just looked at them and went back to the Coca Cola can. 

It was mostly quiet until they heard loud rumbling in the distance, and the ground shook. Max and Daisy turned around and looked through the glass roof.