xix. eating chemicals and living?

THE INCOMPLETE PARTY sat in Mike's basement. Eleven used her powers to try and locate the adults, who had been gone for days. Same for Dustin and Gabe.

"I found him." El announced. Blood began dripping down from her nose.

"Where is he?" Max asked.

"Woods."

"Woods?" Jude repeated.

"He's with... Will's mom."

"My... My mom?" Will asks, in shock.

"What are they doing?"

"Ill... annoy. They're going to Ill-annoy.." El replied.

"Mike! Breakfast!" Karen yelled from the kitchen.

"Not now Mom!" Mike yells back.

"I could use some breakfast." Daisy whispers, making Jude chuckle, but went unheard by the rest of the group.

"Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?" Mike continued, and repeated his question over and over.

"Ill-annoy?"

Soon after, Max and El left for the bathroom, presumably to clean up El's bloody nose. The rest staying outside.

"Something's not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois? And Dustin and Gabe are MIA, too? I mean, this can't be a coincidence." Mike paces around the room.

"What does it matter? The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us." Lucas responded with an attitude.

"Up to us to do what exactly?"

"Find Billy and stop him." Lucas casually said.

"Okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?"

"We burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time." Daisy scoffed.

"Okay, then what?"

"Then we win."

"Yeah, right." Jude sarcastically butted in.

"No, see, that's the problem. We don't. We don't win. We got the Mind Flayer out of Will before and he just came right back. We don't just have to stop Billy, we have to stop the Mind Flayer." Mike ranted.

"How in the hell do we do that?" Jude asked.

"I don't know."

"You don't know a lot." Daisy scoffed.

"Maybe El does." Will offered, gesturing to the bathroom.

"What are they still doing in there?" Mike asked, and Lucas stood to join Mike.