xxiv. goodbye.

THREE MONTHS PASSED BY since the battle of Starcourt. Ever since Charlotte found out about the twins being involved in the fire, she had been extremely overbearing and worried.

To top off the shitty couple of months, the party found out their friends would be moving away, far away.

So, here the party sat, helping the Byers pack for their departure. Daisy was upset, she had finally made friends with Eleven and then she moved, but Gabe was worse. 

Gabe still couldn't come to terms with the fact Will was leaving. The two had grown into great friends, that Gabe was already thinking of ways to get to California. 

Max, Lucas, Daisy, ad Jude sat in the living room, teasing Dustin about his little show he had preformed for the party. 

"Turn around." Max and Lucas sang. "Look at what you see."

"In her face." Daisy joined in. "The mirror of your dreams. Rhymes that keep their secrets. Will unfold behind the clouds."

"Wait, did we get that verse right? It's "unfold behind the clouds"?" Max teased. 

"Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?" Dustin said with a straight face.

"So then join in, Dusty-bun." Lucas teased, blowing kisses. 

"Yeah, come on, Dusty-bun, why don't you join us?" Daisy joined in on the teasing. 

"You guys are so funny, you should be on Carson." Dustin sarcastically said. 

"Can't we just hear your rendition?" Jude smiled. 

"No."

"Please? Just one verse?" Max pleaded with the boy, but Dustin wouldn't budge.

"No. No way. It's reserved for Suzie's ears and Suzie's ears alone."

"Not anymore, Dusty." Daisy laughed. Lucas and Max turned back to each other and continued singing. 

Daisy and Jude laughed at the couple, seeing how mad they were making Dustin. 

Daisy looked and saw Gabe, Will and Mike talking. A wave of realization and sadness hit her. Her friends were going to be gone today. 

"I'll be right back." Daisy said, and stood. 

Daisy made her way to El's room, or was her room. El was still grabbing a few things. 

"Hey.. El?" Daisy knocked on the door. El turned and smiled at the girl. "Hey, uh. I just want you to know, I understand what it's like." 

"You understand what?" El stepped towards the girl. 

"To lose.." Daisy took a deep breath. "Your dad." 

Daisy smiled, "I- uh have something for you." Daisy dug through her jeans pocket, and pulled out a necklace, with a locket on it. Daisy stepped to El and handed it to her. 

"It has the pictures from the day we went shopping together." Daisy smiled, as El opened the locket. 

El smiled at the girl. "Thank you, Daisy." El stepped forward and hugged the brunette girl. 

"I'll miss you most, El." Daisy whispered, and tried to hold back her tears.

"I'll miss you, Dais'" Daisy's eyes widened, El had never called her that nickname before. 

"Hey uh, am I interrupting?" Mike called out, leaning on the door frame.

"No, I'll leave you two." Daisy sniffed, smiled and raised her eyebrows at the couple. 

Daisy walked out of the room with a smile on her face. 

"What are you so smiley for?" Jude turned the corner.

"Nothing." Daisy said in a sing-song voice. 

"Yeah, whatever." Jude smiled and ruffled Daisy's hair a little. 

The time came for the Byers to leave. Everyone was a little emotional. Daisy hugged Will first. 

"Bye, I'll miss you." Daisy whispered to the boy. "Come and visit, kay? I know my brother would love that." 

"Of course." Will smiled. 

Daisy then hugged Joyce, "You keep Jude out of trouble." Joyce laughed, and Daisy smiled. 

"I'll try my best." Daisy laughed and they pulled away. 

Daisy then hugged El again, a few tears fell from her eyes. "You'll do good, even without your powers." 

El smiled and hugged Daisy again. 

Daisy watched as Will cried as him and Gabe hugged. Daisy smiled softly. 

"Don't worry, you'll be fine without Nance." Daisy nudged Jonathan, who laughed. The two had grown closer since Starcourt. Daisy and Jonathan hugged, before they had to leave. 

Daisy let tears roll down her face as the Byers got into the car, and the U-Haul. Daisy could tell Jude was trying not to cry too. "It'll be okay." Daisy whispered to Jude, who then wrapped his arm around her shoulder. 

The Byers were gone, and the party was once again incomplete. 

Daisy sighed, and laid her head on Jude's chest. But something wasn't right. She heard some sort of clock chiming in the back of her head. 

a/n 

794 words

yay I'm done with season 3, and it only took me 3 months. y'all i'm sorry abt the last sentence