x. billy, go away

WHEN THE TWO GROUPS left, the ones left behind made their way back into the home. Dustin thought it would be a good idea to store the dead demodog in the Byers' freezer. So, Steve was forced to carry the slimy creature. 

Max and Lucas cleaned up the shattered glass from the floor. 

Mike paced around the living room, which bothered Lucas.

Gabe was sitting at the kitchen table, with his head down, Daisy assumed the boy was sleeping, he needed rest. The boy was sick with worry, all he wanted was for Will to be safe. 

Daisy and Jude sat on the kitchen floor, their backs pressed against the kitchen cupboards. Daisy was messing with the sleeves of Jude's jacket, and Jude was staring at the floor. 

"It should fit now." Dustin sighed, after throwing everything in the freezer on the floor. 

"Is this really necessary?" Steve cringed at the slimy thing in his arms. 

"Yes, it is, okay? This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery." Dustin babbled on, "We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog." 

"All right, all right, all right. But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?" Steve said, he shoved the demodog into the freezer, it didn't fit at first. "Christ. Help me out." 

"What am I supposed to do?" Dustin asked. Daisy perked up from the commotion, and raised her brows in awe. 

"Get the door, man." 

"All right, I got the door."

Steve quickly pushed the demodog in more, and swiftly shutting the freezer door. 

Mike continued to pace, getting mostly everyone's attention. 

"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas snapped, making Mike stop.

"You weren't in there, okay, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs." 

"Demo-dogs!" 

"The chief will take care of her." Lucas insisted, to which Daisy and Jude agreed. 

"Like she needs protection." Max murmured. 

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve adds, as him and Dustin walk into the living room, wiping gunk off of himself. 

Jude gets up from the ground and holds his hand out for Daisy to take, which she does and they walk into the living room as well. 

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."

"So my point is..." Steve stammered, "Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do."

"That's not entirely true. I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away." Dustin recalled from earlier in the night.