xvi. we make our own rules

AFTER THE TRIO'S EXCITING DAY at the mall, full of shopping, laughs and boy problems came to an end, they decided to have a sleepover at El's house and Hopper's cabin. 

Thankfully, Daisy brought magazines and nail polish, so her and Max could show her all the cute guys she was missing out on. Daisy sat on the floor with her back pressed up against the foot on El's bed and she painted her fingernails a bright shade of pink that she adored. Max was prancing around El's room singing along to "Angel" by Madonna. El was flipping through the magazines Daisy brought along. 

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." Max stopped singing and went to kneel by Eleven's bed. Daisy gasped and laughed. 

"Did she?" Daisy laughed and went to sit on Eleven's bed. 

"Macchio?"

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid. Hai-yah!" Max chopped at the air making the girls laugh. 

"He's so hot, right?" Daisy asked, laughing. 

"I bet he's an amazing kisser, too." Max added, making Daisy sigh dreamily. Now, of course Daisy loved her boyfriend, but she still day dreamed of Ralph Macchio and Rob Lowe. 

"Hey, uh... is Mike a good kisser?" Max asked, making Daisy fake gag. The redhead stood to sit on El's bed. 

"I don't know." El smiled. "He's my first boyfriend." 

"Ex-boyfriend." Max corrected, and saw Eleven's face fall a bit. 

"Um while we're on the subject.. Max is Lucas a good kisser?" Daisy teased, and Max playfully rolled her eyes.

"Maybe." Max smiled, her cheeks turning pink. "I mean he sucked at first but.." 

Daisy laughed loudly at the visual, and fell onto her side, laying down on the bed. 

"I don't know Dais', is Jude a good kisser?" Max teased back, making Daisy laugh. 

"Oh yeah, he definitely has a way with the ladies, must've got it from Steve!" Daisy gushed, and Max and El looked at her with amused faces.

"Oh! Anyways, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. They're like, "Oh, I hope they take us back." God, what I wouldn't give to see their stupid faces." 

They all laughed at Max's impression of the boys, but stopped when El had a weird look on her face. "What is it?" Max asked and El looked at her. 

Daisy grabbed El's radio and gave her a blindfold, turning the radio to static. 

Max sat on El's bed and Daisy sat on the floor with her back against the bed and pulled one of her legs up to her chest and rested her chin on it and the other leg was crossed.