vi. is that a dog?

THE NEXT DAY, the group had begun the plan to find Dart. So now they were all standing by Steve's car, grabbing buckets of meat out of the trunk. 

"This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?" Dustin's walkie talkie spoke. 

"Well, well, well, look who it is."

"Sorry, man. My stupid sister turned it off."

"Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon." 

"Wait. What?"

"Meet me, Jude, Daisy and Steve at the old junkyard."

"Steve?"

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." Dustin told.

"Jude's brother, Steve Harrington?"

"All right, let's go." Steve said.

"Just be there, stat. Over and out."

The group made their way to the train tracks and started to make a trail of cow meat, to lure Dart to them. Dustin strayed ahead of Steve, Jude, and Daisy, while the two walked behind Steve. After a while of walking Dustin opened up about how he lied and kept Dart without anyone knowing, likely to impress Max. 

"All right, so let me get this straight," The older boy started, "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous, in order to impress a girl who...who you just met?" 

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." 

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?"

"Who would?" Daisy remarked.

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin smiled, to which Daisy rolled her eyes. 

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just..." The boy expressed. "I don't know. I just feel like you're trying too hard."

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" 

Jude snickered at Dustin's comment, knowing Steve's hair was far from perfect. 

"It's not about the hair, man." Steve said, "The key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care." 

Daisy raised her eyebrows in disbelief, turning to Jude who also looked surprised.