viii. the germans?

EVENTUALLY THE GROUP arrived at the Byers home, just for Daisy to see that her younger brother was wrapped up in this, the same way she was. Daisy was angry. She didn't want her baby brother to be involved in Hawkins' bullshit. 

But nevertheless, she knew he had the best intentions, he was just trying to make sure Will was okay. 

So, everyone sat at the Byers kitchen table, silent while the Chief talked to someone on the phone, and Jonathan talked to an unconscious Will.  

"Sam Owens. Dr. Sam Owens." The chief said loudly, "I don't know how many people are there! I don't know how many people are left alive!" He paused before responding angrily. "I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper!"

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin doubted. 

We'll see." 

"We'll see? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike raised his voice as he motioned his arms. 

"We stay here, and we wait for help." The chief responded, calmly. 

Daisy sighed and rested her head on her arms, tiredly. Gabe tried to comfort the girl by rubbing her shoulder, but it didn't work. Everyone remained silent. 

Mike got up and walked to a little stand, that a rubix cube rested on. Mike picked it up. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" 

"Really?" 

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment." Mike told the group, "Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

Daisy then slowly raised her head and looked at the raven haired boy. Mike set the ribix cube on the table. 

"We can't let him die in vain." Mike said. 

"What do you want to do, Mike?" Dustin spoke up, "The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own." 

"Demo-dogs?" Max and Jude asked. 

"Demo-dogs?" Dustin explained. "Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words..."

"Okay." 

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..." Dustin speculated. 

"But there's an army now." Lucas cut in. 

"Precisely."

"His army." Mike mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Steve inquired.

"His army." Mike repeated more loudly. "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too."

Everybody began shooting questioning looks at each other, and Mike ran to grab a drawing Will had made. Everyone got up and followed Mike into Will's bedroom.