ix. closegate

THE GROUP WAS getting everything set up for Will. Nancy and Steve were stapling a tarp to the walls on the shed. Lucas, Dustin, Gabe and Jude were dumping out the Byers' garbage and searching through it. Mike, Max and Daisy were inside the home, Mike going through the cupboard under the sink for anything useful, Max duct taping chairs, sitting on the ground, Daisy sat against the wall watching Max and Mike's uncomfortable silence. 

"I get why El was your mage now." Max spoke up, Mike turned and looked at the redhead. 

"What?" 

"Lucas. He told me all about her." Max explained. 

"Well, he shouldn't have." Mike sassed. "And just because you know the truth, it doesn't mean you're in our party. You do know that, right?" 

Daisy sighed, and put her head in her hands, her head was pounding for no apparent reason, she just wanted to sleep. 

"Yeah, I know. I mean, why would you want a stupid zoomer in your party anyway?" Max smiled. "I'm just saying, El? She sounds like she was really awesome."

"Yeah, she was. Until that thing took her. Just like it took Bob." Mike stood up and walked away leaving the two girls. 

Daisy sighed, and felt sympathetic for the boy, realizing he didn't want the two of them in their party because he still missed El and didn't want to get close to another girl again. 

Some of the group was in the shed with Will, while the others waited in the house. Daisy and Jude sat on the floor in front of the couch, Daisy resting her head on Jude's shoulder. Steve began swinging his bat around. 

The lights started flickering and everyone stood up, Jude helping the brunette girl up. 

Hopper rushed into the house, grabbing a pen. 

"What happened?" Dustin asked the chief. 

"I think he's talking, just not with words." Hopper explained, writing down dashes and dots. 

"What is that?" Steve asked.

"Morse code." Everyone replied. 

"H-E-R-E." Hopper spelled. 

"Here." 

"Will's still in there. He's talking to us." 

The group went back into the shed, to try and get more Morse code out of Will. 

"Dash, dot, dash, dot." Dustin muttered.

"Yeah, got it." 

"C"

"L"

"O"

"S"

"E"