❥﹒第 6 章

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉: 𝙀𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙍𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙈𝘼 𝙑𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙀𝙇

The shrill whistle of the kettle pierced the silence within the half-blown, desolate apartment, each echoing note resonating through the vacant rooms. Yang Haru, her steps measured and deliberate also filling the room.

She methodically placed a teabag into a chipped cup, and as the boiling water cascaded over it, she cradled the warm vessel in her hands before settling onto the worn and dust-covered couch.

With graceful poise, she sipped the steaming tea, finding solace in the tranquility that enveloped her. Despite the serenity, a distant cry lingered in the background, a dissonance in the otherwise quiet atmosphere.

On the same couch, the vessel and his maid were nestled together, their forms leaned into one another in slumber, oblivious to the world. Haru continued to sip her tea, seemingly impervious to the commotion.

But then, the voice pierced through the stillness, demanding her attention. "Please! Please listen to me!" it screamed, filled with desperation. "I was wrong! I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!"

The voice belonged to the leader of Curse User Group K, who now found himself trapped by a grotesque, purple, deformed worm-like curse. Panic gripped him as the curse's maw inexorably closed around him, pulling him further into its nightmarish embrace. "I'll pull out of this job! I'll quit being a curse user, too!"

"I'll even leave Group K!" he pleaded, his desperation palpable. "I know! I'll go back to the countryside and farm rice!"

Haru released her hair, allowing the ebony locks to cascade gracefully over her shoulder and down her back. She nonchalantly set her teacup aside, her gaze fixed upon the man. Her face bore an enigmatic expression, and she teasingly cupped her hand to her ear, as if feigning deafness.

The leader's frustration grew, and he shrieked in exasperation, "I know you can hear me!"

A soft chuckle escaped her lips, and she turned her gaze back to him before taking another sip of her tea. "As if a curse user could thrive as a farmer," she mumbled, shaking her head in wry amusement.

"You can hear me!" the man persisted, his struggle against the curse intensifying. He harbored a burning desire to sever Haru's head from her shoulders. "Damn student, acting all condescending! But my combatant is here too! He's K's strongest combatant!"

The apartment's atmosphere crackled with tension as the confrontation continued, Haru's calm demeanor contrasting sharply with the man's frantic pleas.

A weary sigh escaped the sorcerer's lips as she gently set the now-dampened teacup aside. Her phone's melodious chime disrupted the room's heavy atmosphere, signaling the arrival of a new message.