❥﹒第 7 章

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉: 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙏𝙀𝘾𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙈𝘼 𝙑𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙀𝙇

"Surely it'd be safer to head back to Jujutsu High at once!"

Haru and the maid exchanged hushed words, their expressions a mix of worry and concern as Riki engaged in a phone conversation with Jay. 

They had brought Kim Sunoo, the vessel, to the school and now sat on a bench just outside the entrance, grappling with the mission's unpredictability.

Their primary goal was to complete the mission as swiftly as possible, yearning for some well-deserved rest. However, it seemed that fate had other plans in store for them. 

Riki's memories and his overarching purpose of being sent back in time were slowly slipping away, almost as if he were reverting to his teenage self, his newfound knowledge and wisdom dissipating into the ether.

"As much as I want to do that, this is an order from Sama," Jay's voice crackled through the device, leaving Riki with a heavy heart and a sigh escaping his lips as he leaned forward.

He ended the call, letting out another sigh before rising to his feet with a heavy heart. Slowly, he made his way back to where Haru and the maid were waiting, their eyes fixed on him, awaiting his decision.

"Lax upbringing at its finest," Riki muttered, shoulders slumped, as he sauntered towards them.

Haru responded to his demeanor in a reassuring tone. "Don't be like that, Nishimura." She called his name gently. "Despite what he says, after the assimilation, he'll spend his whole life as Taehyun-sama in the deepest floors of Jujutsu High, serving as the foundation of all barriers. He won't be able to see his friends, family or anyone precious to him ever again."

Sighing again, she swept her long bangs behind her ear and reached out to hold the maid's hand, offering comfort.

Then, her gaze returned to Riki, her expression marked by a solemn understanding. "Let him do what he wants. That's part of our mission."

Kuroi, the maid, gently squeezed Haru's hand before rising from her seat. Her voice was soft and laced with both sadness and determination as she revealed the boy's tragic past. "Sunoo-sama has no family," she began quietly, her eyes holding an old pain. "They were in an accident when he was little. I've taken care of him ever since then."

She mustered a faint smile, though it struggled to hide the years of sorrow she carried. "So I want him to at least have what time he can with his friends."

Haru responded with a warm, understanding smile, her eyes forming into small crescents as her bangs fell gracefully over her face once again. "So you're his family, then," she acknowledged, gently releasing Kuroi's hand and patting her on the shoulder.