❥﹒第 16 章

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

A mysterious figure emerged from the shadows at the tunnel entrance, his gun still smoking from the recent discharge. "Okay, job's done. You're free to go now."

Haru's body stood frozen in shock, and she slowly turned her attention to the man from earlier, a bewildering mixture of emotions coursing through her. Her narrowed eyes and heavy breathing were clear signs that her mind was on the verge of losing touch with sanity as she desperately searched for her missing partner.

"Why are you here?" Her voice quivered with depth and rage as she watched the man approach her.

The man halted, a perplexed expression crossing his face. "Why?" he echoed, then realization dawned, and he casually pushed his hair back with the hand that held the gun. "Oh, that's what you mean."

A malevolent smile suddenly crept onto the man's lips, taunting the girl. "I'm here because I killed Nishimura Riki."

Haru's face drained of color, her fists clenched at her sides. "Is that so?" Out of the depths of her subconscious mind, a swirling mass of black smoke surged through the air behind her, coalescing into the form of the strongest curse she harbored within herself. "Die!"

Although all her shikigamis had taken the form of green and white dragons, they paled in comparison to the monstrosity she had just summoned. The curse circled around its summoner before hurtling toward the man.

Xiaojun had foreseen this move and quickly leaped onto the dragon, but the creature increased its speed, determined to crush its target against the massive tree trunk. The sorcerer's opponent raised his hand, firing several shots after Haru. She promptly summoned another curse to shield herself.

Murderous intent consumed her, and she had lost all connection with reality. Her thoughts were solely on Riki and Sunoo as she followed her curse and pursued her opponent. Landing within what remained of a house, she gazed upward where her dragon had been, only to see it disintegrate into smoke that shrouded the surroundings.

Within the dissipating smoke, the man's silhouette emerged, appearing relaxed with his legs spread wide, one hand on his hip, and the other casually toying with his gun.

"Don't be so impatient," he taunted with a smile, pushing his hair back. He left the stunned girl behind, striding nonchalantly into the still-intact houses.

"The Tombs of the Star and the Forbidden Vault use barriers that conceal, so they can't place guards at the entrances," Xiaojun explained as he continued to navigate the labyrinthine houses, Haru trailing behind him in silence. "As long as you know where the doors are, they're full of holes."

"Sorcerers are busy during this time of year, and Jujutsu High is brimming with Fly Heads right now," he added with a smirk. "It's pure chaos outside. And since I have no cursed energy, I'm like the invisible man."