❥﹒第 23 章

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

With grace and a hint of reluctance, Haru moved through the crowd, her long brown hair flowing over her shoulders. For once, she had left it untied, weary of the mundane task of maintaining appearances. As she navigated the sea of non-sorcerers, she focused intently on avoiding any contact with them, not wanting to soil herself with their presence.

Sunghoon had released her, fully aware that Riki would ultimately track her down, regardless of any escape attempts. He had bid his final farewell to his closest friend, unable to bear the thought of being the one to carry out her assassination. In his eyes, Haru remained a cherished figure, and he couldn't bring himself to be her executioner.

Instead, that grim duty fell upon another, someone whose emotions trembled with every step they took towards her.

"Explain yourself, Haru."

The sound of the deep voice sliced through the air, causing her to halt in her tracks. The moment she recognized the voice, an overwhelming rush of emotions flooded back, drowning her in a sea of regret.

In that instant, the manic and psychotic mindset that had propelled her to commit unspeakable acts dissipated, replaced by a surge of guilt and remorse. The euphoria and twisted satisfaction she had experienced during the massacre were now overshadowed by an all-consuming regret.

Yet, it was too late to turn back the clock.

Despite the darkness of her deeds, there had been a perverse sense of liberation in her actions. For the first time, she felt a semblance of happiness, a strange relief from the trauma and turmoil that had dogged her throughout her time as a jujutsu sorcerer.

In her reckless abandon, she had found a peculiar kind of solace, a fleeting sense of being truly alive.

"You already heard from Sunghoon, right?" Haru's voice remained unwavering as she spoke, her gaze fixed forward, refusing to turn to face the boy. "That's all there is to it."

Riki, his breath heavy and eyes narrow, stared at her figure with a wide stance. "So you're just going to kill everyone who's not a sorcerer? Even your parents."

Haru's response was measured, still not shifting her posture. "I can't allow my parents to be a special exception," she sighed. "Besides, those people aren't my family anymore."

"That's not what I was asking!" Riki's voice had turned cold and stern. "I thought we weren't allowed to kill when there's no point to it!"

Haru closed her brown eyes and sighed quietly, her back still turned to him. "There is a point to it. Significance, too. Even a great cause."

"There's not! You're going to kill all non-sorcerers and create a world of only jujutsu sorcerers?!" Riki's voice trembled with emotion. "You know that's impossible!"