❥﹒第 18 章

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙍𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙂𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 : 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳

A white blanket was meticulously draped over the glass table, adding an eerie sense of formality to the scene. Xiaojun maintained his stoic vigil, while the other individual assumed a seat on the nearby couch, displaying a patient expectancy.

He stood with his hands on his hips, his posture betraying boredom, yet his gaze remained locked onto the table. After a brief moment, he issued the command to his curse, a quiet directive that carried immense weight.

In response, the worm-like curse regurgitated its payload, and from its insidious depths emerged Sunoo's lifeless form. It tumbled onto the pristine white surface with a lifeless thud. Xiaojun introduced his macabre offering with a chilling nonchalance, the words hanging heavy in the air like a sinister omen.

"The corpse of the Star Plasma Vessel, Kim Sunoo. All four limbs intact, too."

The buyer from the Star Religious Group leaned in, his gaze fixed upon Sunoo's face as he gently brushed away a stray strand of the pink-haired boy's hair. A wicked grin spread across his lips as confirmation washed over him.

"Indeed, it is him," he murmured, savoring the moment. "We will issue your payment as we discussed, and for your exceptional service, a bonus is only fitting."

Xiaojun's response was a mirthless chuckle, his feigned appreciation dripping with a veneer of false camaraderie. "Thank you, Founder. Your generosity knows no bounds."

Dejun Xiao wandered alone amidst the towering pillars of the decimated buildings, his eyes squinting against the uncharacteristically bright sunlight. His thoughts remained consumed by the enigmatic connection between the two Yangs, unable to discern any familial ties despite their shared surname.

Perhaps, he speculated, it was merely a coincidence, as surnames often were.

He blinked and instinctively raised a hand to shield his eyes from the intrusive light, straining to maintain his vision as he trudged onward. Abruptly, his footsteps came to an abrupt halt as he was met with an unexpected sight.

Before him stood a figure, legs spread wide, head hung low, and fists clenched in a resolute stance. The tattered remnants of a Jujutsu uniform clung to the bloodied form, and the disheveled blonde hair resembled a chaotic nest.

The man slowly raised his head, revealing a grin that teetered on the precipice of madness, while his blue eyes bore a gleam of unsettling instability. "Hey, it's been a while," he croaked, his voice raspy and unsettling in the eerie silence.

Xiaojun's gaze remained locked on the unbelievable sight before him, the shock rendering him momentarily speechless. He whispered to himself in disbelief, "For real?"

Nishimura Riki, still standing before him, confirmed with a smirk, "For real, real." With a dramatic flourish, he lifted his hair, revealing where a gaping hole should have been, but now was miraculously stitched together as if by some supernatural force. "I'm alive and kicking!"

The non-sorcerer's initial shock began to give way to suspicion, and he furrowed his brows as he muttered, "Reverse cursed technique."

"Bingo!" Riki laughed, his manic energy palpable. He ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, gazing up at the sky with crazed determination. "When you stabbed me through the throat, I gave up on counterattacking and poured all my focus into the reverse cursed technique."

"Cursed energy is negative energy," Riki explained excitedly, "While it can enhance the body, it can't regenerate it. So you multiply that negative energy against itself to create positive energy. That's the reverse cursed technique."

His laughter rang out, and he cast his gaze towards the heavens. "Easier said than done! I hadn't been able to do that up until now myself! And I couldn't understand anything the one person who could do it said!"

As Riki continued his frenzied monologue, Xiaojun watched, increasingly convinced that his adversary had lost his grip on sanity.

He was high.

The mad grin, the wide eyes with constricted pupils, and the erratic mannerisms all contributed to an unsettling spectacle.

"But I finally grasped it on the verge of death!" Riki declared triumphantly, his voice tinged with exhilaration. "The true essence of cursed energy! And the reason you're going to lose is because you didn't chop my head off. And because you didn't use that cursed tool when you stabbed my head."

Xiaojun, sensing that the battle was far from over, readied himself for the inevitable confrontation. "I'm going to lose? Our fight is just getting started."

The blonde sorcerer remained in his bizarre reverie, his gaze fixed upon the sky, the golden sunlight illuminating his recently resurrected form. He took heavy breaths, clearly reveling in his newfound existence. "Oh? Is it?" he responded whimsically before suddenly letting out an unhinged scream. "Maybe so!"

Without a moment's hesitation, the non-sorcerer launched himself toward Riki with remarkable speed, brandishing his cursed tool. However, every attempt to strike Riki was thwarted as the blonde expertly dodged, allowing the weapon to graze him but never strike true. 

Xiaojun's frustration mounted as he lunged again and again, but his agile adversary danced around his attacks with a sly grin, ensuring the sword's blade only brushed against his skin.

Just as Xiaojun prepared to strike where Riki had last been, he glanced back and was taken aback by the sight of the blonde hovering in the air.

With his fingers forming an intricate gesture, Riki channeled his cursed energy with a focus that hinted at newfound mastery. "Cursed Technique Reversal: Red!" he intoned with determination.

A crimson orb materialized at the tip of his outstretched fingers, and with unwavering focus, he launched it toward the non-sorcerer. The potent orb streaked across the distance, striking the man head-on.

Struggling to maintain his position, the non-sorcerer grappled with the powerful attack, but it ultimately overwhelmed him, propelling him backward and causing a nearby building to shatter into a cacophony of debris.

Amid the wreckage, Xiaojun gingerly rose to his feet, blood trickling from his injuries. He lifted his gaze toward Riki, who remained suspended in the air, seemingly relishing his newfound existence.

As the non-sorcerer stood up, he began to stretch his limbs, preparing for a renewed assault. His cursed worm produced a fresh weapon: heavy chains adorned with blades on each end.

With a confident smile, he swung the chains, a flurry of dangerous arcs cutting through the air. However, an unsettling feeling gnawed at the back of his mind.

Something was off.

His confident expression wavered as Riki responded to the chain's menacing movements, his unusually radiant blue eyes locking onto Xiaojun.

"Something's off,"