5: Seven Days in Shadows

**Chapter 5: Seven Days in Shadows**

As the conversation flowed between them, Bakugou raised an eyebrow, "So, Todoroki, how should I address you?"

With a hint of weariness, Shoto replied, "Just...Shoto. Call me Shoto." The lack of recognition in Bakugou's demeanor was both refreshing and unsettling. For someone so accustomed to the instant reverence that came with his family name, Bakugou's indifference was a jolt, making him question if he should be wary of this enigmatic stranger.

Bakugou smirked, "Alright then, call me Katsuki."

As they delved deeper into the mysteries of the forest, Katsuki's tone shifted to one of caution, "Look, Shoto, if you want to leave this forest, I can guide you out. It's not safe here."

But Shoto was resolute, not eager to return to the confining walls of his home, though he carefully avoided mentioning anything about the palace. "I need to at least try," he insisted. "I've never ventured into such a place, and I can't go back without attempting to find the truth."

Katsuki rolled his eyes dramatically, choosing to weave a tale about the fearsome dragon boy, his tone playful, "Oh, that dragon boy is a menace! He breathes fire when he sneezes, has a habit of accidentally smashing trees when he gets startled, and they say he once tripped over a squirrel, causing a minor earthquake!"

Despite the humorous undertones, Shoto recognized Katsuki's attempt to dissuade him with exaggerated tales. But his determination was unwavering. Seeing this, Katsuki finally relented with a sigh, "Fine, but on one condition."

Shoto raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

"We'll search together for seven more days. That's it," Katsuki stated firmly. "If we don't find any sign of this dragon boy by then, you head back home, and so will I."

Puzzled by Katsuki's timeline, Shoto inquired, "Why exactly seven days?"

Katsuki's eyes darkened a shade, "This forest is not just home to the dragon boy. It's filled with traps set by humans that can take your life, not to mention the lurking demons and malevolent spirits. Every moment here is a gamble."

Understanding the gravity of Katsuki's words, Shoto nodded in agreement, setting the terms of their adventurous alliance. Little did he know that with each passing day, the mysteries of the forest would weave a tale more intricate and unexpected than he could ever imagine.