21: Seeking the Demon's Aid

**Chapter 21: Seeking the Demon's Aid**

The village was alive with the sounds of revelry and laughter as Shoto entered. Bright torches illuminated the central square, casting dancing shadows on the surrounding houses. At the heart of the festivities was a makeshift cage, and inside it, a bound and seemingly defeated Bakugou. Shoto's heart ached at the sight, anger and desperation bubbling within him. The realization that he was severely outnumbered and couldn't take on the villagers and soldiers directly hit him hard. He needed a plan, and he needed one quickly.

With the tales of the demon Bakugou had shared fresh in his mind, Shoto made his decision. If legends held true, the demon residing at the forest's edge could be his last hope. Without hesitation, he veered into the depths of the forest.

The forest seemed more ominous and enigmatic under the cover of night. The trees whispered secrets and the wind carried cryptic murmurs. Every rustling leaf and breaking twig heightened Shoto's anxiety. As he sprinted through the underbrush, a familiar growl reached his ears. Before he could react, a beast appeared from the shadows. It was the same creature Bakugou had once shown mercy to. The sight of it momentarily heightened his fears, but to Shoto's astonishment, the beast showed no sign of aggression. Instead, it bowed slightly, offering its back.

Gratefully, Shoto clambered on, trusting this unexpected ally. The beast, with its keen senses, seemed to know exactly where to go. It swiftly navigated the forest, leading Shoto to a hidden cave entrance. After ensuring Shoto had dismounted safely, the beast disappeared into the night, leaving him at the entrance of the cave.

Taking a deep breath, Shoto stepped into the cavern. The air inside was cool and damp, and a high-pitched squeal resonated throughout the chamber. Bats, disturbed by his entrance, flew in a chaotic frenzy overhead. Holding onto the pendant Bakugou gave him, as if drawing strength from it, Shoto delved deeper, hoping to find the elusive demon and seek its assistance in rescuing Bakugou.