7: Ki and Kinship

**Chapter 7: Ki and Kinship**

The duo advanced steadily, guided by the map and their own instincts. The forest's chorus of sounds enveloped them: birds chirping, leaves rustling, and distant waterfalls murmuring. However, amidst this serene backdrop, danger lurked in every shadow.

Without warning, Bakugou's demeanor shifted, his body tensing. "Shoto, watch out!" he shouted, swiftly pushing Shoto to the side. In the space Shoto once occupied, a hulking beast lunged — a bear-like creature, its fur a deep shade of brown, adorned with menacing horns.

Shoto, still reeling from the sudden movement, watched in awe as Bakugou fearlessly confronted the beast. Drawing a sharp spear from his back, Bakugou fought around the creature, dodging its swipes and lunges. The forest echoed with the clash of beast against man.

However, as the skirmish unfolded, Shoto observed that Bakugou's movements were not just to fend off the creature but also to avoid causing it significant harm. Each strike was calculated, aimed at subduing rather than killing. After a tense standoff, Bakugou finally pinned the beast down, immobilizing it momentarily. Recognizing its defeat, the creature whimpered and retreated, disappearing into the forest's depths.

Catching his breath, Bakugou approached Shoto, concern evident in his eyes. "You okay?" he panted.

Shoto nodded, still processing the swift turn of events. "How did you sense the beast's approach? I have sharp senses, trained rigorously by my father, but even I missed it."

Bakugou straightened up, wiping sweat from his brow. "It's called 'Ki'. Every living being emits it. I sensed the beast's Ki, its energy and intent, long before it attacked."

Shoto's eyes widened with realization. "Ki... I've heard of it. It's the life force, the energy that flows within every being, right?"

Bakugou nodded, "Exactly. Sensing Ki gives one an edge, especially in a place as unpredictable as this forest. If you can't sense it..." He trailed off, clearly worried about the disadvantage it posed.

Feeling the weight of his inadequacy, Shoto quickly interjected, "Can you teach me? To sense this Ki?"

Bakugou threw his hands up in exasperation, "It's not a trick you pick up overnight. It might take longer than our seven-day agreement!"

"I assure you, if you guide me, I'll learn it in just five hours," Shoto replied confidently, recalling the countless hours of rigorous training at the palace.

Bakugou grumbled, clearly reluctant. "Your determination is such a drag." But after a few moments of contemplation, he sighed, "Alright, let's get started."

And so, amidst the looming trees and the mysteries they held, a new lesson began, one that would not only equip Shoto with a vital skill but also deepen the bond between the two young adventurers.