18: Unfamiliar Grounds

**Chapter 18: Unfamiliar Grounds**

The sun's first light painted the morning sky, bringing with it a fresh start and new questions. As they settled down for breakfast, Shoto, with a deep breath, broached the topic he had been dreading. "Katsuki, about those screams at night..."

Bakugou looked down, a shade of unease passing over his face. "Ever since my grandfather passed away," he began slowly, "I haven't seen any other dragons. It's like... my dragon soul cries out for companionship, a kindred spirit."

Shoto looked at him, concern evident in his gaze. "And now?" he prodded gently.

Bakugou's eyes met Shoto's, a warmth in them that hadn't been there before. "It's better now," he admitted, "Having you around... it's like having an anchor. Someone to hold onto."

While relieved, Shoto felt a pang of worry. Their diet mainly consisted of fruits from the forest. Recalling a nearby village he had  gone before, he proposed, "Why don't we go to the village close to the forest? They'll have more varied food, and we can restock on essentials."

Bakugou hesitated. "But humans... they might not react well to me."

Shoto smirked confidently. "Hey, I'm human too. And you have me by your side. I'll just say I found a boy who got lost in the forest. They won't suspect a thing."

The idea of venturing into a village, a hub of human activity, was daunting for Bakugou. But seeing Shoto's earnest face, he found himself nodding. "Alright," he conceded, "But only if you promise to stick by me."

With a chuckle, Shoto got to work, transforming Bakugou's appearance to fit the human world. Changing his dragon-like cape for more village-appropriate attire, Shoto stepped back to admire his handiwork. "Perfect," he grinned, "You look like a regular villager now."

Taking Bakugou's hand, Shoto led the way, both of them stepping into a world Bakugou had never known but was willing to explore for the sake of the bond they shared.