19: Betrayed Trust

**Chapter 19: Betrayed Trust**

The village's ambiance was infectious. The tantalizing aroma of street food wafted through the air, children laughed as they played, and the bustling crowd added to the cacophony of the vibrant marketplace. Bakugou's amazement was evident; he tasted new flavors, marveled at the beautiful artifacts, and experienced a world so different from the isolation of the forest.

In a quaint little corner, a trio of musicians played a soft tune, the rhythmic beats prompting the villagers to dance. Shoto, feeling the magic of the moment, took Bakugou's hand and pulled him into the dance circle. Their movements synchronized, the two lost themselves in the music, their feet moving rhythmically and eyes locked in an unspoken conversation. They swirled and swayed, and for a moment, everything else ceased to exist. It was just them, the music, and their shared joy.

However, this picturesque moment was interrupted when Shoto felt a familiar vibration in his pocket. Extracting the ornate mirror - a special device given to him by the palace - Shoto's face fell as he read the urgent message, demanding his presence.

Bakugou sensed the shift in Shoto's demeanor, "What's wrong?"

Shoto, hiding his anxiety, replied, "I have to go to the palace. Please wait for me at Maeva's house." Despite Bakugou's protests and desire to return to the forest, Shoto convinced him to stay, assuring him of a swift return.

Upon entering the palace's grand halls, Shoto was immediately embraced by King Endeavor, an unexpected gesture that set alarm bells ringing in Shoto's head. "You've done well bringing the dragon boy to the village," the King whispered, a hint of malice behind his proud proclamation.

Confused and increasingly anxious, Shoto stepped back, "How did you know about him?"

The King, with a smirk, pointed to the mirror in Shoto's hand. "Through this, we've kept an eye on every step you've taken. Your little adventure, your bonding, everything."

Shoto's grip tightened around the mirror, his earlier joy replaced by growing dread. "You spied on me?"

King Endeavor nodded, almost proudly. "Your mission was never just about the Dragon Boy. It was about entrapping him, and you've done it splendidly. Now, he's right where we want him."

Shoto's heart raced. Bakugou's trusting eyes flashed before him, and realization dawned. They had been pawns in a grander scheme. "What have you planned for katsuki?"

Determined and filled with newfound resolve, Shoto knew he had to act fast. Bakugou was in grave danger, and he'd be damned if he let anything happen to him.