14: Unspoken Desires

**Chapter 14: Unspoken Desires**

Bakugou's voice trembled as he unveiled the legacy of the dragons, revealing their pact with the powerful demon of the forest. "To be seen as humans, to walk amongst them, one brave dragon paid the ultimate price," he began. Every word seemed to carry the weight of a thousand memories. "But once transformed, we witnessed the horrors of mankind. Their propensity for destruction, cruelty, and violence exceeded even the most nefarious demon's tales."

He gazed into the distance, "We withdrew, abhorring the thought of spilling such tainted blood. It became an unspoken decree among us, reinforced by nature's wrath."

Shoto interjected, trying to piece the puzzle together, "But then, why do people perish in this forest?"

"Some, unfortunately, fall into their own traps," Bakugou replied, bitterness evident in his voice, "others to demons, spirits. But I always tried to guide them, to steer them away from peril. Yet, they perceived me as the real danger. After my grandfather's demise, the loneliness became insufferable. I attempted conversations with spirits, demons, but it was a dance with darkness. My only desire was to be seen as a regular being, not some monstrous entity."

As Bakugou's tears flowed freely, a visceral chord struck within Shoto's heart. He realized they both yearned for genuine connections, free from the burdens of their lineage and expectations. "The villagers always spoke of the dragon boy as a terror. But here, in front of me, is someone sensitive, caring, even... alluring," Shoto murmured, his cheeks tinting pink.

A vulnerable Bakugou whispered, his voice cracking, "I deceived you. If you wish to end my misery, do it."

Shoto, fighting back his emotions, responded, "Your deceptions may have misled me, but my feelings aren't based on deceit. You've shown me your vulnerability, and in doing so, unveiled a beauty I never expected to find in this forest. I won't end you, for in your eyes, I see something special."

With courage, Shoto confessed, "And just to clarify, I am Shoto Todoroki, the younger prince of our kingdom. I'll return to the palace soon and clear this misunderstanding with my father, King Endeavor."

Shoto moved closer, their breaths mingling. He gently intertwined their fingers, feeling the warmth and strength of Bakugou's hand. Their proximity was electric, and in that moment, they felt a connection deeper than words.

Shoto's voice was barely audible, consumed by a realization, "I understand now. I genuinely care for this man."

Their gazes locked, emotions surged, and in the heart of the mysterious forest, two souls found solace in each other, marking the beginning of a romance that defied norms and legends.