24: Timeless Love

**Chapter 24: Timeless Love**

The forest was still, its ambiance momentarily subdued by the weight of the conversation unfolding between the two lovers. Shoto's eyes, clouded with guilt, sought understanding in Bakugou's. "I'm sorry," he whispered, regret clinging to each syllable. "I had no idea my father was using the mirror to spy on me. I never-"

But Bakugou, ever so unpredictable, interrupted him. "I knew," he admitted, a hint of pain in his voice. "Deep down, I always knew you'd never betray me."

The confession sent a cascade of tears down Shoto's face, the weight of his sacrifice pressing down on him once more. This was the boy for whom he'd given up forty years of his life. And every moment, every shared breath, reaffirmed that he had no regrets.

Bakugou's gaze sharpened, concern evident. "What did you do? Suddenly, everyone just... collapsed. And when they woke up, they remembered nothing about me. Tell me you didn't-"

Shoto nodded, the weight of his decision evident in his eyes.

A growl of frustration escaped Bakugou as he grabbed Shoto by the collar, pulling him closer. "Why? How did you find that demon? What was the deal?"

With a feeble smile, Shoto answered, "A beast from the forest led me to the demon. We made a pact to erase everyone's memories of you being the dragon boy."

The realization of the enormity of the situation hit Bakugou hard. "What did you give him in return?" he demanded, desperation edging his voice.

"My lifespan," Shoto confessed, the words barely more than a whisper.

Bakugou staggered back, shock evident in his eyes. Tears streamed down his face as a mixture of anger, guilt, and helplessness threatened to consume him. "I couldn't protect you," he screamed, his voice echoing through the forest, filled with raw anguish. "How much of your lifespan did you give up? Tell me!"

Avoiding Bakugou's penetrating gaze, Shoto mumbled, "I... I really don't know."

Without another word, Bakugou turned, tears still streaking his face, and began to storm off into the forest's depths.

"Where are you going?" Shoto called out, panic creeping into his voice.

Bakugou's response was filled with determination. "I'm going to find that demon. Not a single year of your life should be lost because of me. If I have to, I'll tear him apart."

Their bond, tested and strained, was evident in that moment. It wasn't just about sacrifice-it was about a shared life, about facing challenges together, and about the lengths they were willing to go for each other.