6: Charted Courses and Culinary Curiosities

**Chapter 6: Charted Courses and Culinary Curiosities**

"Lets make a map," Katsuki declared with an air of authority, eyes scanning the dense woodland around them. The immense expanse of the forest seemed to stretch endlessly, and it was evident they needed a strategy to navigate it.

As Katsuki sat down next to Shoto, he noticed shoto rummaging through a bag, probably searching for supplies. "If we mark our path, it might keep us from walking in circles," Katsuki added thoughtfully, leaning comfortably against a tree.

Drawing out a neatly bound book, Shoto responded, "I've got a map of this forest."

Katsuki blinked in surprise, "Seriously?" He swiftly grabbed the book from Shoto's grasp, flipping it open. The pages revealed detailed illustrations of the forest, with pathways, water sources, and potential landmarks intricately marked.

Shoto leaned closer, their shoulders touching as they both examined the map. "I can't guarantee its authenticity," Shoto confessed, his voice slightly hesitant. "It was in a library, but it seemed detailed enough to be of use."

Katsuki's sharp eyes darted across the map, meticulously scanning every detail. "If this is accurate," he began, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and apprehension, "we should check these specific locations."

He pointed out five key areas:

1. *Tempest Torrent* - A roaring river said to have currents strong enough to sweep away entire armies.

2. *Lunar Labyrinth* - A maze-like grove that shifted its paths with the phases of the moon.

3. *Sable Spires* - Towering rock formations rumored to hide ancient treasures and relics.

4. *Gale Gorge* - A deep canyon where winds whispered tales of old.

5. *Petrified Plateau* - A flatland where trees and creatures had turned to stone, frozen in time.

With a newfound determination, Katsuki stood up, the map clutched firmly in his hand. "Let's get moving," he said, offering Shoto a hand.

But before they embarked, Shoto began unpacking an assortment of foods, the aroma instantly wafting through the air. "Would you like to eat something first? I brought some provisions from the home."

Katsuki's eyes lit up at the sight of the lavish spread. Without any formalities, he dug in, savoring every morsel. Shoto watched in amazement, chuckling, "You eat like you've been famished for days."

Katsuki, with his mouth full, shot him a mischievous grin, "In this forest, every proper meal feels like a luxury."

Bonded over shared food and a mutual goal, the duo prepared themselves for the adventures that lay ahead, guided by a map that promised both wonder and peril.