17: Midnight Savior

**Chapter 17: Midnight Savior**

The night was a tapestry of silence, only disrupted by Bakugou's haunting screams. As had become the ritual, Shoto woke up, concern painting his features. He reached out, feeling Bakugou's fevered forehead, noting its increased warmth.

In an attempt to distract himself and to find some relief for Bakugou's distress, Shoto decided to venture deeper into the forest. Memories of the pendant Bakugou had gifted him played in his mind, and he wanted to find something equally precious to give back. As he wandered deeper, lost in thought, he unknowingly stepped into a trap set by a malevolent spirit. Shadows swiftly enveloped him, pulling him into a void where his darkest memories came to life, each one trying to leech away his life force.

Panic surged within him as he felt his energy draining away. "Someone...please help," he whispered, his voice breaking.

Suddenly, a brilliant light pierced the consuming darkness, illuminating a breathtaking figure. This wasn't the Bakugou he knew; before him stood a magnificent half-dragon. This creature had shimmering scales that glinted like polished gold, expansive wings that promised the strength of the skies, and ruby-red eyes that burned with an intensity Shoto recognized immediately.

Without a moment's hesitation, Shoto launched himself into Bakugou's embrace, relief washing over him. Bakugou, still in his majestic half-dragon form, pulled Shoto close, his voice trembling with emotion, "You idiot... I thought I'd never see you again." Tears from Bakugou's eyes dampened Shoto's clothes, making it evident just how terrified Bakugou had been at the thought of losing him.

A warm feeling enveloped Shoto, a realization dawning upon him. As they stood there, holding each other under the moonlit sky, Shoto whispered, "Mom was right... I've found that special person." The two held onto each other, their bond growing stronger, their silhouettes casting a beautiful sight against the backdrop of the night.