Love at first sight

Hi! This first one-shot is based on a scene from the movie "Love at First Sight", which has just been released on Netflix. I really liked it, and I recommend you to watch it!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I crossed the airport at full speed, so fast that I thought I was going to run out of oxygen. Let's just say that sport has never been my thing. Nor has it ever been my thing to get to places on time, and that's why I was running. My flight home was leaving in less than twenty minutes, and I wasn't there.

After several minutes of nearly tripping over my own suitcase, or the unlucky people who had the misfortune to bump into me, I finally arrived at the boarding gate. After a couple of minutes of trying to catch my breath and excusing myself to the stewardess, she let me on the plane, though reluctantly.

It didn't take me long to find my seat on the plane. I stowed my suitcase in the overhead compartment and sat down, sighing with a sigh of relief. Immediately afterwards, I proceeded to fasten my seat belt. I tried several times, but it was impossible.

"Excuse me." I called over to a flight attendant who was passing by me at the time. Hearing my voice, she approached me with a friendly smile "I think my seatbelt is broken."

"Oh...can I try?" I nodded as she crouched down beside me and, with her hands over my lap , tried to fasten it several times. ""You're right, it's broken...You can't fly without a seatbelt."

"Really?" Obviously, the idea of flying home without being safe didn't thrill me, but I also didn't want to get off the plane and have to wait to catch another flight. 

"Yes, but don't worry. Economy class is full, but there are still a few seats left in first class. In theory, passengers are not allowed to change zones under any circumstances, but an emergency is an emergency." The flight attendant kept smiling. "Come with me, I'll accompany you to your new seat. "

I thanked her with a smile before getting up from my seat, picking up my bag again and following the flight attendant. I stepped through the curtain separating economy and first class, surprised to see how different the two cabins were.

"Well, this is your seat. Enjoy the flight." The flight attendant said.

"Thank you very much." I replied before she walked away. I put my suitcase back in the overhead bin and it was just then that I noticed someone in the seat next to me. 

He must have been about my age. His skin was tanned and his hair was brown and slightly curly. He had some facial hair. Under his sunglasses I could see his dark eyes looking at me. His tattoos and his clothes made him stand out from the rest of the first class passengers, mostly people dressed in suits and clothes like that.